Jump to content
StLoUieYaBisH

Pop up saying I'm banned indefinitely

Recommended Posts

So Im new to SL roughly a little over 2 weeks and I was kinda messing around with things in game trying to figure out what does what with settings on Friends list. So while i was doing so a POP up pops up and says "Your now banned Indefinitely". I literally have No idea what i  pushed for this  to happen and wanted to  reach out to others that have been around a while and ask , does anyone know what would cause that to happen and what was it that  I may have pushed for that to pop up and and say "Your banned Indefinitely"  from and for ? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a screenshot of what the client says when you try to log in and post it here. I doubt it merely says "Your banned indefinitely." Since LL is known for better grammar than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Make a screenshot of what the client says when you try to log in and post it here. I doubt it merely says "Your banned indefinitely." Since LL is known for better grammar than that.

Well its not that When i log in that it says that. I was looking thru something , Now i cant remember what But it was something that had to do with Clicking check marks on boxes that says Let friends see you on the map and Find friends and stuff and when i clicked on something that had to do with Show Display name or show account name that's when that little box on the top right of the screen popped up in a little black box and said you been banned Indefinitely and I had to click OK on it to go away . So IDk . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, StLoUieYaBisH said:

So Im new to SL roughly a little over 2 weeks and I was kinda messing around with things in game trying to figure out what does what with settings on Friends list. So while i was doing so a POP up pops up and says "Your now banned Indefinitely". I literally have No idea what i  pushed for this  to happen and wanted to  reach out to others that have been around a while and ask , does anyone know what would cause that to happen and what was it that  I may have pushed for that to pop up and and say "Your banned Indefinitely"  from and for ? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks !

If you were banned from SL you would not be able to post here, and I wouldn't be able to read your profile in search, as I did a minute ago.   Nor, of course, would you be able to log in.

So it would seem you're banned from something else,  but without a screenshot, as others have suggested, it's impossible to know what.   If you can get in and take a screenshot of this notice, please do so and post it here, and someone should be able to help you further.

What happened after the notice popped up?   Were you logged out or removed from the land you were on, or what?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

if you're still able to log in you might just been banned from a specific land/parcel. That's not a big deal unless it's the place you rent at (if you do).

Yeah I was kinda messing around with some settings and it popped up. I'm still able to come to my place of Rent so its not that Good thing hahaha, Ill try and figure it out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StLoUieYaBisH said:

So Im new to SL roughly a little over 2 weeks and I was kinda messing around with things in game trying to figure out what does what with settings on Friends list. So while i was doing so a POP up pops up and says "Your now banned Indefinitely". I literally have No idea what i  pushed for this  to happen and wanted to  reach out to others that have been around a while and ask , does anyone know what would cause that to happen and what was it that  I may have pushed for that to pop up and and say "Your banned Indefinitely"  from and for ? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks !

Depending on viewer settings, the popups could be IM message windows / bubbles.  And if you were clicking the check boxes for friends, and happened to click the 'can see me online' box a few times for a specific person -- turning it off & on & off & on - the specific person could have taken it wrong.  If they have control over some place that you visit, they might have banned you from it (and told you via an IM) -- and possibly even removed you as a friend. 

If you save your logs for chat and IM, you can go to the folder where they are stored (default in SL viewer is C:\Users\PC-LOGIN-NAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\SL-AVATAR-NAME) and check the logs for around the time period involved.  Any and all IMs will be there, in a file named after the avatar that IMd you.

You can check for people that were friends and no longer are by comparing the Calling Cards to your friends list. There is usually a one for one match, but if you unfriend someone or they unfriend you, then you'll still have the Calling Card, but they won't be on your Friends list.

 

ETA:  Explanation of how someone would know about you clicking those buttons:  If you are clicking the "can see me online" button on and off, then every time you uncheck it, they get a notice in Chat saying "so-and-so is offline" and then when you re-check it, they get a Chat notice saying "so-and-so is online".  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or it could be that you were using a function too often in a short amount of time so you were 'banned' from using it further for a min or two. Happened to me with land search before, there might be other functions that could cause that message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Depending on viewer settings, the popups could be IM message windows / bubbles.  And if you were clicking the check boxes for friends, and happened to click the 'can see me online' box a few times for a specific person -- turning it off & on & off & on - the specific person could have taken it wrong.  If they have control over some place that you visit, they might have banned you from it (and told you via an IM) -- and possibly even removed you as a friend. 

If you save your logs for chat and IM, you can go to the folder where they are stored (default in SL viewer is C:\Users\PC-LOGIN-NAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\SL-AVATAR-NAME) and check the logs for around the time period involved.  Any and all IMs will be there, in a file named after the avatar that IMd you.

You can check for people that were friends and no longer are by comparing the Calling Cards to your friends list. There is usually a one for one match, but if you unfriend someone or they unfriend you, then you'll still have the Calling Card, but they won't be on your Friends list.

 

ETA:  Explanation of how someone would know about you clicking those buttons:  If you are clicking the "can see me online" button on and off, then every time you uncheck it, they get a notice in Chat saying "so-and-so is offline" and then when you re-check it, they get a Chat notice saying "so-and-so is online".  

Thank you , That seems more like what had happened, Im so illiterate when in comes to PC's so Ill have to check out how you do what you said above But this sounds accurate of the things I was doing so this could very well be the issue. Thanks for your time and comment Much Much appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Or it could be that you were using a function too often in a short amount of time so you were 'banned' from using it further for a min or two. Happened to me with land search before, there might be other functions that could cause that message.

That would be some sort of system message and (in theory, at least) would have used "You're" rather than "Your"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That would be some sort of system message and (in theory, at least) would have used "You're" rather than "Your"

 

I think the OP simply used Your because they didn't copy and paste the message but typed it out themselves and I encounter a lot of americans who switch You're and Your around without noticing it! It's the most common grammar mistake i have come across since I started using the internet.

And the system message would indeed be a pop up like the OP mentioned in the first post, so it'd make sense.

Alas, I could be way off too since the OP never did post a simple screenshot, I hope they figure it out on their own eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That would be some sort of system message and (in theory, at least) would have used "You're" rather than "Your"

 

They did bit I'm just typing from my phone amd in a hurry typing so ... but yeah that's what they said . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, StLoUieYaBisH said:

So Im new to SL roughly a little over 2 weeks and I was kinda messing around with things in game trying to figure out what does what with settings on Friends list. So while i was doing so a POP up pops up and says "Your now banned Indefinitely". I literally have No idea what i  pushed for this  to happen and wanted to  reach out to others that have been around a while and ask , does anyone know what would cause that to happen and what was it that  I may have pushed for that to pop up and and say "Your banned Indefinitely"  from and for ? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks !

There are tools people can use to send those message boxes to other people. (I'm pretty sure I have one or two that can do that, myself)

If you are able to log in then you are not banned from SL. If you can still teleport to all the places you've been to before then you are not "parcel-banned" from any particular place. In which case, I'm willing to bet it was some jokester with a MystiTool (or other) gadget sending fake message boxes to people.

Edited by Alyona Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...