Download "feet" meshes from SL

woroschilow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I want to create feet accessories for the Maitreya, Slink and Belleza feet.
Problem is, that the toes are united in the blend file but seperated in SL InGame.

I would like to export the feet of the Maitreya, Slink and Belleza bodies from the game to get the right meshes for positioning but it's not possible.

Anyone who knows how to deal with this situation?

Regards

feet-issue-blender.jpg

feet-issue-sl-ingame.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, woroschilow said:

Hello,

I want to create feet accessories for the Maitreya, Slink and Belleza feet.
Problem is, that the toes are united in the blend file but seperated in SL InGame.

I would like to export the feet of the Maitreya, Slink and Belleza bodies from the game to get the right meshes for positioning but it's not possible.

Anyone who knows how to deal with this situation?

Regards

feet-issue-blender.jpg

feet-issue-sl-ingame.jpg

Dude... u just wanna break ToS? Its illegal... apply for mesh developer kits like everybody do. 

With viewer u would use for export huh? Copybot? lol :D  u even showed screen u actually did it and have it in blender wo mesh devkit? ;D thats funny. 

Its not hard to fill app rly. 

10 minutes ago, BiroIsHere said:

Dude... u just wanna break ToS? Its illegal... apply for mesh developer kits like everybody do. 

With viewer u would use for export huh? Copybot? lol :D  u even showed screen u actually did it and have it in blender wo mesh devkit? ;D thats funny. 

Its not hard to fill app rly. 

I didn't "copybot" them! :)
A friend gave them to me.

The problem is, the developers don't respond to me.

Regards

1 hour ago, woroschilow said:

I didn't "copybot" them! :)
A friend gave them to me.

Regards

Maybe make more basic stuffs for shop, make a social media, be active there. 

So friend did break ToS of rules of developer kit too but seems there is no way to have borken feets inside developer kit... 

So you have a closed and empty Marketplace store and a completely (just a blank white photo even) profile and you are wondering why the mesh body builders don't respond?   

It is difficult to get those kits. You need to show the person that makes the body that you have some skills and are RELIABLE. 

Maybe make some jewelry where you can fit the items to the avatar and don't need a kit OR some applier clothing as most of those kits are readily available. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So you have a closed and empty Marketplace store and a completely (just a blank white photo even) profile and you are wondering why the mesh body builders don't respond?   

It is difficult to get those kits. You need to show the person that makes the body that you have some skills and are RELIABLE. 

Maybe make some jewelry where you can fit the items to the avatar and don't need a kit OR some applier clothing as most of those kits are readily available. 

Yeah thats exacly what i did mean. Making topics at forum how to bypass or even copybot feets wont help u in that. 

I get your point and in one way it's true, BUT the pitfall, in this case, is very simple.

Making items for the classic avatar doesn't make enough money to justify the work.
And a beginner will never grow big enough within 1 year, if the majority is using popular avatars like Maitreya, SLink, etc.

Most qualified creators give up very fast because it takes too much time to collect knowledge about SL and build enough high-quality products to get the attention they deserve.
They also have bills to pay! ;)
And some SL senior creators are blaming the "body" maker that they are not reliable in responding to the newbies or even to them.
Yes, they probably have their reasons. :D Like, everyone

In my application, I already attached my portfolio, which contains professional work and still no response until today.

BTW, my friend is a senior artist in SL AND have a big store AND still didn't get those feet.
This artist applied a couple of years ago. No feet until today!!!!

I'll be blunt.

They don't have to reply to you. Whether they accept new creators or not is at their sole discretion. It has never been about being fair, if it was about fairness they would put a public download link for their devkits.

My advice is that you focus on mesh bodies that do provide you with their kits.

And lastly, don't expect anything you do in SL to pay your bills. Do it because you enjoy doing it. If you can't justify spending time here without being paid for it, you should find a different hobby, because there is no guarantee that you will be able to turn it into a job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I'll be blunt.

They don't have to reply to you. Whether they accept new creators or not is at their sole discretion. It has never been about being fair, if it was about fairness they would put a public download link for their devkits.

My advice is that you focus on mesh bodies that do provide you with their kits.

And lastly, don't expect anything you do in SL to pay your bills. Do it because you enjoy doing it. If you can't justify spending time here without being paid for it, you should find a different hobby, because there is no guarantee that you will be able to turn it into a job.

You are totally right!

I just responded with my opinion to the critics. ;)

I expect nothing from no one in the first place.
If I want to make a profit on SL, I'll do what is necessary for it. :D

I'll help myself.

All consequences are understood.

If I want to make a profit on SL, I'll do what is necessary for it. :D

But that's the thing, It's not JUST about what you will do or won't do, sometimes it simply work, or doesn't, regardless of what you do.

No one is playing with a full deck of cards.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir

6 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

But that's the thing, It's not JUST about what you will do or won't do, sometimes it simply work, or doesn't, regardless of what you do.

No one is playing with a full deck of cards.

Again, you are totally right!

No matter what I will do, it will be a lot of work! ;)

But I like to work as smart as possible. Hard work is not a necessity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.