I need some help with an Omega Applier

Juventud22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I bought this package from the Marketplace:https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BART-BLK-Wolf-Grumpwolf/16041923

I read there Omega Applier and all.I got the package,unpacked it,but everything in the folder is the Applier itself and some textures.My problem is that the Applier won't work.The skin won't apply onto my avatar.

Anybody knows what's the issue?

Assuming that the skin is only not applying to your body (since it comes with a specific skin for a specific head) then you most likely need the Omega relay or installer for whichever mesh body* you're trying to apply it to. Search the Omega store for the brand name of the body you're using. If it's listed as an installer then you need to unpack it, add it to your avatar (it will appear as a HUD onscreen) and click it, then you can remove it. If it's listed as a relay then you need to add it to your avatar and keep wearing it until you've applied all the Omega appliers correctly (and you can remove it after that).

(*If you're still using a system/classic avatar, then appliers don't work on those.)

ETA: I notice that you left a 2-star review on the listing, stating that the applier doesn't work. When you finally figure out what's causing it not to apply, then it would be a nice thing to go back and amend your review (or add a further comment) stating how you fixed it.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

What avatar are you trying to apply it to?

Nevermind.I found out that I might need an OMEGA body,but the problem is that I don't know which one.At first I tried to apply it to the regular avatar,but after research I found out that I need an Omega body.

Which Omega body or which omega relay,its way beyond me.That's why I asked for help here.Maybe someone can figure it out.

• Haha 1

Just now, Skell Dagger said:

Assuming that the skin is only not applying to your body (since it comes with a specific skin for a specific head) then you most likely need the Omega relay or installer for whichever body you're trying to apply it to. Search the Omega store for the brand name of the body you're using. If it's listed as an installer then you need to unpack it, add it to your avatar (it will appear as a HUD onscreen) and click it, then you can remove it. If it's listed as a relay then you need to add it to your avatar and keep wearing it until you've applied all the Omega appliers correctly (and you can remove it after that).

It appears as a HUD actually,but it doesn't apply because I tried to apply it on the vanilla body.

My problem is that I have no idea which body is that he uses because it doesn't specify.It specifies only the names of the textures and the name of the applier.That's all I got.Textures and applier.

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

I would advise you to remove your review on the Marketplace listing, because it's not fair under the circumstances.

Did that,yes.The only thing I need to do [I think],its find out which omega body [supposedly?] or relay [supposedly?] will work.

4 minutes ago, Juventud22 said:

My problem is that I have no idea which body is that he uses because it doesn't specify.

You could always drop the creator a notecard (and hope that they didn't get time to check out your review before you removed it!) and ask them which body they've used it on.

Just now, Skell Dagger said:

You could always drop the creator a notecard (and hope that they didn't get time to check out your review before you removed it!) and ask them which body they've used it on.

But what about the other parts?

Will the textures apply themselves on or...

Just now, Juventud22 said:

Did that.That was my own stupidity there.

There's nothing wrong with making mistakes as long as you recognize and learn from them.

"Omega" appliers are designed to work with a wide variety of different avatars- it's a generic term. The head texture is for a "BLK Wolf" avatar but the body should work with any avatar described as having Omega compatibility. You can use the link Skell gave you to see what options there are.  

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

There's nothing wrong with making mistakes as long as you recognize and learn from them.

"Omega" appliers are designed to work with a wide variety of different avatars- it's a generic term. The head texture is for a "BLK Wolf" avatar but the body should work with any avatar described as having Omega compatibility. You can use the link Skell gave you to see what options there are.  

But those aren't mesh avatars or better yet,do I buy an applier system?

I'm still new to the game,trying to understand how this thing works.

3 minutes ago, Juventud22 said:

But those aren't mesh avatars or better yet,do I buy an applier system?

You won't know which Omega relay/installer (from the link that I posted) to buy until you know which mesh body you're going to purchase.

As I mentioned, I know nothing about the furry/anthro community (nor, indeed, which specific community name that particular avatar would fall within; my knowledge is that limited!) and the bodies it uses. My knowledge is in the human male area of things, so the mesh bodies that I am familiar with are ones like: Signature 'Gianni' and 'Geralt', Belleza 'Jake', Slink 'Physique' etc.

How the human thing works in SL, when it comes to fully-meshed avatars is:

• You demo mesh heads and bodies until you find the ones that you like. Mesh heads that are labelled as 'Bento' can take advantage of the system avatar's facial sliders to further customise their shape, whereas non-Bento heads can only be stretched in basic directions.
  • You demo skin appliers until you find the one(s) that you like. They are usually sold separately: one applier for the head and another for the body. You need to buy the appropriate ones for the head and body that you have purchased.
  • If the skin appliers happen to be only available in Omega format (which is a cross-brand applier system that works on multiple types of bodies) then you need to purchase the Omega installers/relays for the specific body and head that you've purchased.

Putting that together - again, in human format - it would look a bit like this:

• I demo mesh bodies and realise that I like the Slink 'Physique Male' one best, so I buy that.
  • I demo mesh heads and realise that I like the Catwa 'Daniel' one best, so I buy that.
  • I demo skin appliers and realise that I like the L'Etre 'Toni' one best, so I buy that. I make sure I buy the Catwa applier of the 'Toni' skin to go on my Catwa head, and the Slink body applier to go on my Slink body.

Alternatively, if I like a skin applier that's only available in Omega format, I need to buy the Omega relay for Catwa (my head) and the Omega installer for Slink (my body) and use those while applying the Omega skins.

I do know that the furry community in general does a lot of modding, so it might be a good idea to seek out like-minded people who can help you further with the specifics of the avatar that you want to put together. Try searching inworld for groups or locations and see if anyone can offer you more dedicated advice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

You won't know which Omega relay/installer (from the link that I posted) to buy until you know which mesh body you're going to purchase.

As I mentioned, I know nothing about the furry/anthro community (nor, indeed, which specific community name that particular avatar would fall within; my knowledge is that limited!) and the bodies it uses. My knowledge is in the human male area of things, so the mesh bodies that I am familiar with are ones like: Signature 'Gianni' and 'Geralt', Belleza 'Jake', Slink 'Physique' etc.

How the human thing works in SL, when it comes to fully-meshed avatars is:

• You demo mesh heads and bodies until you find the ones that you like. Mesh heads that are labelled as 'Bento' can take advantage of the system avatar's facial sliders to further customise their shape, whereas non-Bento heads can only be stretched in basic directions.
  • You demo skin appliers until you find the one(s) that you like. They are usually sold separately: one applier for the head and another for the body. You need to buy the appropriate ones for the head and body that you have purchased.
  • If the skin appliers happen to be only available in Omega format (which is a cross-brand applier system that works on multiple types of bodies) then you need to purchase the Omega installers/relays for the specific body and head that you've purchased.

Putting that together - again, in human format - it would look a bit like this:

• I demo mesh bodies and realise that I like the Slink 'Physique Male' one best, so I buy that.
  • I demo mesh heads and realise that I like the Catwa 'Daniel' one best, so I buy that.
  • I demo skin appliers and realise that I like the L'Etre 'Toni' one best, so I buy that. I make sure I buy the Catwa applier of the 'Toni' skin to go on my Catwa head, and the Slink body applier to go on my Slink body.

Alternatively, if I like a skin applier that's only available in Omega format, I need to buy the Omega relay for Catwa (my head) and the Omega installer for Slink (my body) and use those while applying the Omega skins.

I do know that the furry community in general does a lot of modding, so it might be a good idea to seek out like-minded people who can help you further with the specifics of the avatar that you want to put together. Try searching inworld for groups or locations and see if anyone can offer you more dedicated advice.

Basically...I need an OMEGA male body shape and the system applier?

1 minute ago, Juventud22 said:

Not a shape. A body. Both are different things. Every avatar has a shape, its one of the basics that can never be taken off, only replaced. A mesh body isn't a shape. Its an object, that acts as a replacement of the system body. Some bodies may need to be used together with an omega relay, not sure what you mean by "system applier".

Just now, Syo Emerald said:

Not a shape. A body. Both are different things. Every avatar has a shape, its one of the basics that can never be taken off, only replaced. A mesh body isn't a shape. Its an object, that acts as a replacement of the system body. Some bodies may need to be used together with an omega relay, not sure what you mean by "system applier".

You know:Catwa or SLink.Those are Omega System Appliers.

Just now, Juventud22 said:

No. Omega, body, and shape are three different things. And there is no such thing as a 'system applier'.

• Body = a mesh body that you purchase. It will come with an alpha layer that you must wear first of all, to hide your system avatar. You put the mesh body over the top of that. You will also need a mesh head (for the avatar you're looking to use, I would assume that's a "BLK Wolf" head).
  • Shape = a set of measurements (in a wearable item format) that set the underlying skeletal points of your avatar. This sets things like how tall you are, how long your legs are, how muscular you are, etc. Right-click your avatar, go into Appearance > Edit Shape, and you'll see all of those sliders.
  • Omega = a cross-brand HUD 'translation' system that allows you to wear skin appliers created in the Omega format. An Omega-format skin applier can be worn on any mesh body or head, as long as the owner also has the corresponding Omega relay (or installer) for that body part.
  • System = items for the default 'vanilla' avatar. (Sometimes also called the 'classic' avatar.) System skins are worn on system bodies.
  • Applier = a HUD that is used to apply skins, tattoos, makeup, etc to mesh avatars. Appliers do not work on system avatars.

I can't help you further with the specifics of what you need, when it comes to wolf avatars. I have no idea if that BLK head is Omega-compatible out of the box (although I guess it might be, since I see no BLK Omega relay or installer on the Omega Marketplace), nor whether your eventual choice of mesh body - if it's an anthro/furry-specific one - will also be Omega compatible. Since the avatar you've purchased includes textures and the listing states you need some basic modding experience, I would assume that the body it goes on will be modifiable and you can add the textures manually yourself, using the edit window.

3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

No. Omega, body, and shape are three different things. And there is no such thing as a 'system applier'.

• Body = a mesh body that you purchase. It will come with an alpha layer that you must wear first of all, to hide your system avatar. You put the mesh body over the top of that. You will also need a mesh head (for the avatar you're looking to use, I would assume that's a "BLK Wolf" head).
  • Shape = a set of measurements (in a wearable item format) that set the underlying skeletal points of your avatar. This sets things like how tall you are, how long your legs are, how muscular you are, etc. Right-click your avatar, go into Appearance > Edit Shape, and you'll see all of those sliders.
  • Omega = a cross-brand HUD 'translation' system that allows you to wear skin appliers created in the Omega format. An Omega-format skin applier can be worn on any mesh body or head, as long as the owner also has the corresponding Omega relay (or installer) for that body part.
  • System = items for the default 'vanilla' avatar. (Sometimes also called the 'classic' avatar.) System skins are worn on system bodies.
  • Applier = a HUD that is used to apply skins, tattoos, makeup, etc to mesh avatars. Appliers do not work on system avatars.

I can't help you further with the specifics of what you need, when it comes to wolf avatars. I have no idea if that BLK head is Omega-compatible out of the box (although I guess it might be, since I see no BLK Omega relay or installer on the Omega Marketplace), nor whether your eventual choice of mesh body - if it's an anthro/furry-specific one - will also be Omega compatible. Since the avatar you've purchased includes textures and the listing states you need some basic modding experience, I would assume that the body it goes on will be modifiable and you can add the textures manually yourself, using the edit window.

That was my mistake here.I inversed the words,but that doesn't matter.

Thank you for your help.

13 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Update on this little problem of mine:

I got in touch with the creator of the BLK GrumpWolf and he said that he used the Jake Body,I presume the one from Belleza.He also stated that this wolf skin will work with any omega enabled male body.

Yes, Jake is the Belleza male body. You can pick up the Omega installer for Jake either next to the body at the Belleza store inworld, from Omega Systems here on Marketplace, or from the Omega Systems mainstore inworld. (If you join the Omega Systems group - which is free - and wear the group tag while purchasing inworld the installer will only cost L$99.)

Since this one is an installer, you'll need to wear the Jake body, add the Belleza Omega installer, click it after it appears on your screen, then wait for the installation text to appear in local chat. After that you can remove the installer (although do hang onto it, as - if you make a copy of the body or it's updated at any time - you'll need to reinstall Omega compatibility into it again).

Be aware that Jake is a fully human body, so if you want paws instead of hands and feet you'll need to find those as well.

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yes, Jake is the Belleza male body. You can pick up the Omega installer for Jake either next to the body at the Belleza store inworld, from Omega Systems here on Marketplace, or from the Omega Systems mainstore inworld. (If you join the Omega Systems group - which is free - and wear the group tag while purchasing inworld the installer will only cost L$99.)

Since this one is an installer, you'll need to wear the Jake body, add the Belleza Omega installer, click it after it appears on your screen, then wait for the installation text to appear in local chat. After that you can remove the installer (although do hang onto it, as - if you make a copy of the body or it's updated at any time - you'll need to reinstall Omega compatibility into it again).

Be aware that Jake is a fully human body, so if you want paws instead of hands and feet you'll need to find those as well.

Where do I find the jake body?

I looked for it,but couldn't find it.

5 minutes ago, Juventud22 said:

Where do I find the jake body?

I looked for it,but couldn't find it.

I'm not inworld right now, but Belleza's creator is called Tricky Boucher. Look up that name in 'people' search, then check the account's picks section. There should be one for the store that you can use to teleport there.

And this is what you are looking for the omega relay marked in red, the body to the right.

597cd9895e519_jaketutorial_001.jpg.1a50067ca0a75f5afcd8a7909e5a8b87.jpg

First, wear your Jake body, unpack the Omega relay and add it. It shows on the screen as a "Omega system installer for Belleza". Click it and watch the text in local chat tell you it's installed. You can detach it now.

This below is an old image I used to illustrate how to apply a tattoo to the body, you will see the one arrow pointing to the tattoo shirt layer, that is green and activated. Then I show how to apply a grey tanktop.

You have bought a skin, so there is no need to use the tattoo or clothes layer. The skin goes on under these.

Omegalayers.thumb.jpg.200d92abd5a132039c0aa180327d4701.jpg

Just to clarify, since Marianne has also shown you how to use the tattoo and clothing options on the Belleza HUD (combined with Omega appliers) - those are not something you'll need in order to wear the skin applier that you've purchased. You can happily ignore those. (Sorry, Marianne! I suspect that the OP will just get confused if they're shown about the various layer options when they've only just begun to understand what Omega is, and they don't actually need those layers at the moment. Too much additional and unnecessary-for-now information tends to lead to more confusion.)

In short, @Juventud22: once you have the Belleza body, do the following:

1. Add the alpha layer from the body's inventory folder. This will render your system avatar invisible.
  2. Add the Belleza body.
  3. Add the Omega Installer for Belleza. Once it's on your screen, click it and wait for the installation text to complete. (You can then remove the installer.)
  4. Add the skin applier, and - once it's on your screen - click it. The skin should apply to the Belleza body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.