Maturity rating issues and viewer crashing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have been in SL for about 550 days. Last night I was in an adult sim, my viewer crashed and when I logged back in I was able to view only PG content. I tired re-logging, re-starting my computer, uninstalling and re-installing SL viewer (after manually clearing the cache files) I even downloaded Phoenix Viewer and I could still not change my preference. It says I must be logged in to change my preference on what material I want to view. I am logged in when I see this message. I have also been age verified for well over 500 days.

Please me help me out!

Here is an image of the problem I am getting:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/account_problems.jpg

The length of time you have been in SL means little.  The important thing is being age-verified to get to adult sims.   When you uninstalled the viewer, did you also delete the cache file?  It is usually held in a folder called 'Second Life'.  This, too, must be deleted before you install a fresh viewer.

Before you delete that folder, make sure you move any chat logs you wish to save from the folder to another area.  Once your install has been successful, you can move the chat logs back into the 'fresh' cache folder.

Here is the LL info on age-verification just in case you need to reference it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-verification/ta-p/700021#How_does_it_work.3F

language barrier detected. clarifying....

there are additional files in the listed directory, in the user settings and and <avatar name> folders... all of the ones you'll care about are XML files, and on any clean install you should also remove those (the simplest way, as Venus suggested is to move all your chat logs that you want to save, then delete the entire second life directory found there)

those settings also include maturity ratings, and while I don't know why they would lock up, removing them should fix your problem (although it will wipe out all your settings, so you'll have to go through and redo those)

the good news is, you don't have to reinstall to  do it, just wipe them out and SL will recreate the needed files from templates in the viewer directory

ETA:
the mentioned files aren't actually part of the cache folder, but rather the repository of files that the SL viewer uses. in computing terms they are a file cache, just not the one you are familiar with, so the terms can be confused... it's probably better if they are refered to as the SETTINGS location and files

I did as Void Singer said with her giving me step by step instructions in game. I am still unable to change anything and am stuck in PG sims. Linden Labs has refused to answer my ticket.

Any help would be apreciated! I do not want to lose $75 and 18 months of my time.

Thankyou everyone who reads this!

Of course I read your question.  Thank you, Void, for your assistance in translating to the OP.  I did not read that the OP tried contacting Support directly throught Live Chat.   As you are a premium member, you can do this here https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Live Chat is not available 24/7 but the hours (in SLT) are posted on this webpage.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.