Making friends haven't been working out so far...

Lia Sharpshire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been back in SL for 2 months now and I have met a couple of people which have been nice but I have not been able to make any more friends within the world I used to be able to find friends so easy back when I first started but it seems these days people have their own cliques and if I try to engage someone in a conversation no one ever seems interested and eventually stop talking. Or some think I'm trying to pick them up which I am looking but right now I'm looking for friends if that right guy comes along fine but I'm not right out trying to pick them up hehe. Maybe I am giving up too easy I don't know its just not fun exploring and going through SL alone I even thought about leaving again but I am going to give it one more try I love making friends really good ones that will last a long time and a loving family as well one day and a nice man wouldn't be bad either hehe :) Thank you to anyone that reads this I hope it gets someone interest.

• Like 2

Hi there,

welcome back (belated I know!) to Second Life! I took a read of your profile in world, and the things you are interested in are very generic. While that initially makes it easier to meet people, the crux of the matter is, said people aren't likely to become good friends.

I can of course only speak from personal experience, but I have a few people on my friendslist that I talk to daily, or several times a week despite not being a super social person. What connects me to these people are specific things, specific interests we have in common. One I gush with about Meeroo all the time, another has helped me whenever I got stuck doing those wonderful MadPea games, yet another I met here on the forums (you know who you are♥).

All three of them couldn't be more different from each other if they tried, but they're all very dear to me and all three of them just happened to wriggle their way into my SL life when I wasn't even looking. Thieves in the night the lot of them!

So perhaps broaden your horizons, get hooked on something in SL, join the group that's attached to it, talk to people there and magic will happen. Because nothing brings girls together quicker and more thoroughly than fangirling over something LOL. (Apologies to my MadPea Helper for calling you a girl ;D)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Because nothing brings girls together quicker and more thoroughly than fangirling over something

That might be my problem. I just don't fangirl like most women do. Not even when I was young. All those screaming their heads off over say, the Beatles... I never did it and never really understood it. I still don't. Sure I get excited about people, things and places but not to the extent that I scream and cry over it.

2052194d7f10716f8ae435c3946ef1f6.gif

It just is not me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

Hi there,

welcome back (belated I know!) to Second Life! I took a read of your profile in world, and the things you are interested in are very generic. While that initially makes it easier to meet people, the crux of the matter is, said people aren't likely to become good friends.

I can of course only speak from personal experience, but I have a few people on my friendslist that I talk to daily, or several times a week despite not being a super social person. What connects me to these people are specific things, specific interests we have in common. One I gush with about Meeroo all the time, another has helped me whenever I got stuck doing those wonderful MadPea games, yet another I met here on the forums (you know who you are♥).

All three of them couldn't be more different from each other if they tried, but they're all very dear to me and all three of them just happened to wriggle their way into my SL life when I wasn't even looking. Thieves in the night the lot of them!

So perhaps broaden your horizons, get hooked on something in SL, join the group that's attached to it, talk to people there and magic will happen. Because nothing brings girls together quicker and more thoroughly than fangirling over something LOL. (Apologies to my MadPea Helper for calling you a girl ;D)

Thank you so much! Hmm that is something to really think about when you say something about what others might be into like well I am crazy about Gacha things hehe I love the machines and the different places they are sold in stores I really like the animals on SL like breedables like horses and the meeros and even dragons hehe thank you for advice I will look into some of the groups of interest :)

Just now, Lia Sharpshire said:

I am crazy about Gacha things hehe I love the machine

Ok, we can never be friends... ;)

Everytime I think, ok, lets do a Gacha, it end up with me saying some very uncivilized things, and promising myself "never again", till the next time they mind control me into it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Everytime I think, ok, lets do a Gacha, it end up with me saying some very uncivilized things, and promising myself "never again", till the next time they mind control me into it...

The first Arcade of the year starts in 9 days~~~! 🏳️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Hehe sounds like when someone gets drunk and the next day.."never again" they say and then at it the next day :P lol

• Like 1

I'm not a very chatty person, but I'd be up for a chat and see where things go from there. From what I've seen, you've got a sense of aesthetics that I enjoy, and you've mentioned some interests which I share. You needn't worry about me getting an impression of you trying to 'pick me up'; partially because I'm well known to be quite blind to such signals (although in my opinion, people tend to just be too vague about it - if you fancy someone, quit squirming like a school girl and get out with it), and I'm taken. 

You may either reach me on Orwar, or on my alt, from whom I'll give you a nudge. Lately I've spent more time on her as, well, it's more fun to browse with her; the men's fashion scene is an outright disgrace at the moment.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'm not a very chatty person, but I'd be up for a chat and see where things go from there. From what I've seen, you've got a sense of aesthetics that I enjoy, and you've mentioned some interests which I share. You needn't worry about me getting an impression of you trying to 'pick me up'; partially because I'm well known to be quite blind to such signals (although in my opinion, people tend to just be too vague about it - if you fancy someone, quit squirming like a school girl and get out with it), and I'm taken. 

You may either reach me on Orwar, or on my alt, from whom I'll give you a nudge. Lately I've spent more time on her as, well, it's more fun to browse with her; the men's fashion scene is an outright disgrace at the moment.

Thank you Orwar that means a lot and I look forward to hearing from you :)

As someone who is new, reading this hit home. I've met lots of lovely people, but they hardly continue the friendship, or simply I'm not giving them what they want - either way, I'd be happy to be your friend in SL. There is still a lot I don't know about, so if that's fine with you - let me know!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AdamVelaryon said:

As someone who is new, reading this hit home. I've met lots of lovely people, but they hardly continue the friendship, or simply I'm not giving them what they want - either way, I'd be happy to be your friend in SL. There is still a lot I don't know about, so if that's fine with you - let me know!

The trick is keep on it...Don't smother them but at same time don't say hi and disappear either. People on SL (Myself included) tend to remove friends we don't talk to much (if at all). Also, You may find people who are not "newbie friendly" and have no patience to teach the ropes of SL. then you got guys (and gals) like me who get a kick out of it. Cause we know years down the line you are going to remember that thing we taught you.

Edited by Bdobson
Additions
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bdobson said:

You may find people who are not "newbie friendly" and have no patience to teach the ropes of SL

i think this is only partly true, most people i see around are willing to help, but quite some noobs don't have the patience for being helped, they want it now and you have to do it.
"why do i look this way and not like you? ... eh that costs time and money ..."i have no money".. in that case it costs more time.."can you help me" yes with giving places where you can find some free things.. "i want to look like you" ... that would be a hard job.." you give me?  "... no sorry "<$5^$#$^&%$%#$^#$%#."

and thats really not happening once, but quite some times. New players in general have no idea what a time consuming process it is to get the ropes ánd looks for SL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paige152 said:

If you're looking for friends still, IM me! I'm always looking for people to hang out with. SL is so boring when you're alone. 😭

Things I Like To Do:
1. explore
2. shop
3. sail
4. dance
5. rp!

*Generic, IK* hehe~

Hey thank you for offering your friendship please feel free to IM me in world :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.