Best Mesh Head for a Belleza Freya body

Sammi Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

Been on SL for 12 years and a year a go I got the Belleza Freya body and desperately would like a  nice mesh  head to go with it.  Sadly, while I know what I'm doing with the mesh Freya body, I  have no 

clue on what is easiest or best head to pair with the above mentioned body.  Mesh heads look so complicated and that has put me off going for it as I'm not the sharpest knife in kitchen draw. 

Sooooooo, having said that, if any kind soul can give me some advice on an easy to used good Bento mesh head I'd be so grateful .  Ta ever so much and warm regards to all from Sammi  

The original mesh bodies were made to fit the SL classic head - this can be and hsa been reversed. Most mesh heads (even pre bento) just used the same neck dimensions as a classic head and will thus neatly fit your mesh body as well.

Akeruka, GA.EG, LAQ, Lelutka, 6DOO, Vista and Catwa are the more widespread ones. Most should easily fit, just try some demos to see how well and if their styles suit you.

The best answer is always going to be to demo and choose the one you like the best.

Catwa is the most popular and has the most third party support as far as skins and makeup. It’s the Maitreya of heads.

Lelutka is another popular choice. Very nice animations. Well supported.

Genus is the young upstart. Just came out of beta, but for some reason it got a lot of third party support right off the bat.

Then there are the other heads: Logo, GA,  Akeruka, 3doo, etc. A lot of people use and swear by them too.

Demo the ones you like, play around with the huds. Choose the one you like and then make your purchase. Make it fun by playing around with the settings and seeing what they can all do.

• Like 2

Hi Sammi..:)

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I can so relate to your post.

I was completely intimidated by mesh.

I went to an early mesh store that i found completely intimidating and couldn't figure out a single thing to buy and left thinking this obviously isn't for me.

A year and a half later or so, a dear friend of mine got the Maitreya Lara body and showed me her avi with and without, and I immediately went out and got a Maitreya Lara body, and after a learning curve, figured out the HUD and clothing appliers

About 6 months after that she went and got Catwa Catya head, and again, showed me her look before and after..I did a little reading and research...(Mesh Body Addicts and Catwa web pages) and got a Catya head..I loved the head right away, but it was a huge learning curve for me working with the head and the HUDs...I had no idea to look for skin appliers without makeup, so I could add my own...I have a bunch of skins that have makeup on them because I thought the Catwa hud would clear baked on makeup..Of course it didn't...That was just one step of the learning curve...lol...

It all comes together with some patience and finding your look, and asking questions.

There's a lot of knowledge and support for mesh bodies now, and many, many folks are very willing to share their knowledge.

The replies are great here, and it's absolutely best to go around to the places listed, grab demos, save your current worn outfit, and start demo'ing..:)

I recommend joining the group Mesh Body Addicts in world, as a resource if the group support of the head you purchase isn't responding...I find this to be a group of nice folks very willing to help, and of course joining the group of the head you purchase. (If you go with Catwa, Catwa Head Friends has amazing CSR support for all hours except very late SLT/PST nights...But sometimes Catwa Clip is on those hours, and will jump in group to directly answer a question now and then..:) )

I definitely wouldn't let worry about figuring out mesh deter you from purchasing a head, especially if you enjoy finding unique skins and makeups and changing your avi....Mesh heads literally are a game changer for individualizing your avis, and it's so interesting and fun!

Take things slow and have a blast!

• Like 1

CatwaCatwaCatwa.png.0206b53f2b857f5a3f1692e30c2c62e3.png

hehehehe

She does make some really nice mesh heads for both female and male.. Probably the one I would recommend for someone first getting into mesh heads..

Genus probably isn't a good starter head since it's still pretty new and still some trouble shooting to do with it ..Even though it's my favorite.. But it's getting there..Can't wait for the next update  :)

Logo makes really nice heads as well as lelutka..

• Like 2

I use Genus with my Freya. I've tried LAQ, Lelutka and Catwa, all of them work pretty well. You just have to play around the neck size on both the head and the body to make them work seamlessly. 

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.