todtoy

How to register a partnership.

My friend and I want to register our devotion to each other by indicating our relationship as partners in our profiles. What are the steps needed to accomplish this?

Thanks for considering this question. 

Tod

If you go to Avatar then Profile, you can edit your profile and put the information there.

Edited by Catrie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe this is what you want.  From the knowledge base

How to make someone your partner

To make someone your partner, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Partners page.
  2. Enter your Partner's username.
  3. Type in your Proposal to your to-be partner. It can be a love letter, song lyrics, or whatever suits the both of you best.
  4. Click Send Proposal.
    640px-Partners_Torley_Linden.png

Your potential partner is notified at the email address linked with their Second Life account. He or she has seven days to accept. Once the proposal is accepted, your names appear in one another's profiles.  

The partnership email should be received in seconds. Please check your spam folder and other email filters to make sure it isn't being hidden.

If you receive a partnership request you wish to decline, you can do so on the Partners page.

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, todtoy said:

My friend and I want to register our devotion to each other by indicating our relationship as partners in our profiles. What are the steps needed to accomplish this?

Thanks for considering this question. 

Tod

To add to what Cindy posted, it's going to cost some Ls to form the partnership and additional Ls to dissolve it. It costs more to dissolve than form so that is something to consider. The fees aren't really that high but it is still something that should be factored in.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yeah the higher fee to end is like getting a divorce and having to pay out for the lawyer but neither side see's any of it. you basically hired a judge to do an elopement then hired a fly by night lawyer to get it annulled for a price.

I minor issue but none the less meant to try and least simulate the importance of the relationship and not to just see it as a kum-n-go turnstile relationship where you hop in and out with no repercussions.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
added a little more detail
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I did the steps mentioned and my partner received the email. She accepted but still almost 24 hours later and our profiles are not updated.

4 hours ago, Tarek String said:

Hi all,

I did the steps mentioned and my partner received the email. She accepted but still almost 24 hours later and our profiles are not updated.

if you meet all requirements, most important.... have enough L$ both to let the process work, you could try another browser, or try it again...or contact support.