Can’t log into the new firestorm release viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? The firestorm beta release worked fine for me but as soon as I downloaded the new version I can log on but I get about 3/4 of the way through and it just hangs on loading world and stays like that till I end task.  Very frustrating and what’s really strange is that I have another avatar and I was able to log on and get in world with my other avatar with the second life viewer.

I have no idea what’s going on, and on the firestormviewer.org website I followed all the instructions in order to do a clean uninstall and then a clean reinstall.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance. 

10 minutes ago, Nichole Bergamasco said:

Thank you all so much funny thing is I never had a problem with the beta release I wonder if I can go back to it

The beta is treated as a separate client program from the mainline but uses the same default cache locations. You should be able to go back to it for now, though you may have to flush the cache before making the attempt.

I suspect it's this Intel driver bug: BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10.

Whether the viewer freezes when loggin in depends on what your avatar is wearing.

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

Thank you so much for answering me Whirly Fizzle but I'm new to windows 10(I'm a mac user), I haven't had a windows laptop in many yrs but  I added the clipboard app but don't know how to get my information on there for you.  I know how to copy and paste with no problem, is there an easier way to copy that information to here?

Thank you!

48 minutes ago, Cassandra Galdonaldo said:

Thank you so much for answering me Whirly Fizzle but I'm new to windows 10(I'm a mac user), I haven't had a windows laptop in many yrs but  I added the clipboard app but don't know how to get my information on there for you.  I know how to copy and paste with no problem, is there an easier way to copy that information to here?

Thank you!

No worries!

Go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click to "copy to clipboard" button.

Then in a comment here, just use CTRL+V to paste all your system information.

On Windows, you can copy any selected text to the clipboard with CTRL+C.
CTRL+V will paste the text copied from the clipboard.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue and its driving me crazy. I just bought a brand new Powerspec desktop, its an intel based computer with a new i 5 processor, 16 gb of ram and a solid state hard drive. I added a nvideo GT 1030 videocard, which while not top of the line, should be able to run SL. I downloaded the firestorm viewer and for whatever reason it just seems to get stuck on the log in process. Its just loading world or whatever endlessly, then finally I get the message "can't log in, "

Any help would be  appreciated.

10 hours ago, friscolives said:

I am having the same issue and its driving me crazy. I just bought a brand new Powerspec desktop, its an intel based computer with a new i 5 processor, 16 gb of ram and a solid state hard drive. I added a nvideo GT 1030 videocard, which while not top of the line, should be able to run SL. I downloaded the firestorm viewer and for whatever reason it just seems to get stuck on the log in process. Its just loading world or whatever endlessly, then finally I get the message "can't log in, "

Any help would be  appreciated.

As a first step, to provide more info for those who may be able to help, paste the system info from Firestorm  (which you can do with just the viewer open, prior to trying to log in):

Go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click the "copy to clipboard" button.

Then in a comment here, just use CTRL+V to paste in all the system information.

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz (2904 MHz)
Memory: 16317 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18363.836)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 1030/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.21.14.3200
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 432.00

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Viewer 6
Viewer Skin: Starlight (Original Orange)
Window size: 1920x1017 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 256 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 3
Render quality: Ultra (7/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 1024 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-5-16T6:36:33 
Built with MSVC version 1800
May 25 2020 21:41:03 SLT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.