Will Acer Aspire AS5253 Notebook run SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. Checking this out for a friend of mine. He is interested in the following:

Acer Aspire AS5253-BZ893 Notebook AMD Dual-Core Processor C-50(1.0GHz) 15.6" 3GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6250

What do you all think? 

Thanks

Ugh.  Yes, it will barely run SL.  No, you will not like the experience.  Second Life requires a) 2Gb of ram, b) sheer clockspeed on a single or dual core processor, c) a good GPU.  While your computer is sufficient in most categories, you will find that running at 1Ghz (and I didn't know anyone made 1Ghz computers anymore) is going to give you single digit framerates even with all the settings dialed way down.  Also, SL doesn't take good advantage of multicores yet, so having 8 core monsters does no more good than running a 2 core (unless you make content at the same time you play SL).

In my limited experience almost anything will "run" SL. My back up computer is a dinky little netbook that loads SL and gets me in to do some basic chat, inventory management. As for how well it performs, I get "enough" frames per second to get around, but I don't do it often.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.