How long before you can cash out for US$?

LawlietLily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

19 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, GenioGenial said:

Always the same: everything is easy when you have to pay, but when it comes on the other side, always problems and delays... Sometimes SL is so similar to RL...

nonsens, it are protective steps to prevent money laundering, and also preventing noobs to spend thousends on their first days and decide after a week...oh it's nothing for me here... can have my money out/refund? ... the answer on that is "no".
The process credit delay in special for the first one... one day old account taking thousends of dollars out is a little bit strange and would have a little fishy smell around it.

36 minutes ago, GenioGenial said:

Maybe you are right. Honestly, I didn't check his SL age. However, the one-day-old account is not my case, as you can check, and I have the same problems. But thanks for your point of view

i should have said it a bit nicer, instead of noobs i'd better use "accounts that step on the financial market for the first time" (but thats so long to type :)  )
When feeling the wealth with your first 1000 lindens is dangerous, you dont feel the bill untill the Credit Card or Paypal takes it from your rl accounts.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings all!

When you make your first L$ purchase with USD, you account goes into a "new" mode.  Over the next 30 days or so your L$ Buy and Sell limits will increase, but you cannot make a Process Credit Request until your account reaches the Resident 1 level after that first 30 days. 

30 or 31 days or so after your first L$ purchase, you should see the PCR limit show as $999.00.

Once that happens, you will be able to make up to $999.00 PCR's in any 30 day rolling period.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1.  Are you reading it right?  Mine says "$0.00 of $999.00 used" which may be confusing.  The LIMIT is the second figure.

2.  Has 30 days passed?  ("Since when?", you ask.  Well, I'm not sure.  30 days past the time you first BOUGHT $L?  30 days past the time you first SOLD $L?)

3.  In your Economic Limits (see below) there is a link to request a review of the limits.  You can click that to submit a support ticket, and (maybe) get more information.

https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits?lang=en-US

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

1.  Are you reading it right?  Mine says "$0.00 of $999.00 used" which may be confusing.  The LIMIT is the second figure.

2.  Has 30 days passed?  ("Since when?", you ask.  Well, I'm not sure.  30 days past the time you first BOUGHT $L?  30 days past the time you first SOLD $L?)

3.  In your Economic Limits (see below) there is a link to request a review of the limits.  You can click that to submit a support ticket, and (maybe) get more information.

https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits?lang=en-US

1. I'm sure, it was a bit confusing but it says "$0.00 of $0.00 used" so there's a zero limit.
2. I don't know if it's been 30 days since I bought L$, but my 0 limit of selling changed, so I sold them for US$, it has not been 30 days since selling the $L, so do I need to wait that long before I can process credit after selling my L$?

3. I'm aware of the limit page, have it pulled up. Though I feel like there's a lot of information that's simply not available and you need to be told this by someone else rather than reading it somewhere, which is annoying. I like being able to look online and see step by step instructions. SL doesn't seem to have many of those.

3 hours ago, LawlietLily said:

1. I'm sure, it was a bit confusing but it says "$0.00 of $0.00 used" so there's a zero limit.
2. I don't know if it's been 30 days since I bought L$, but my 0 limit of selling changed, so I sold them for US$, it has not been 30 days since selling the $L, so do I need to wait that long before I can process credit after selling my L$?

3. I'm aware of the limit page, have it pulled up. Though I feel like there's a lot of information that's simply not available and you need to be told this by someone else rather than reading it somewhere, which is annoying. I like being able to look online and see step by step instructions. SL doesn't seem to have many of those.

Unless they have changed it, you get to both sell L$ and Process Credit 30 days after the first transaction that used your payment method, which could have been buying L$ or paying for a Premium membership.  If you can sell them, but cannot Process Credit, then I'd check with LL (after verifying you don't already have an email from them wanting some info).

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unless they have changed it, you get to both sell L$ and Process Credit 30 days after the first transaction that used your payment method, which could have been buying L$ or paying for a Premium membership.  If you can sell them, but cannot Process Credit, then I'd check with LL (after verifying you don't already have an email from them wanting some info).

After some checking I don't see any emails, even in my spam, about this. However, the first purchase was Feb 1st, so not 30 days since first purchase, and even less since selling L$ for the first time.

2 hours ago, LawlietLily said:

After some checking I don't see any emails, even in my spam, about this. However, the first purchase was Feb 1st, so not 30 days since first purchase, and even less since selling L$ for the first time.

Interesting - from everything we've ever known before about the ability to sell L$, you shouldn't have been able to until the end of the month since your first L$ purchase was Feb 1st.  Maybe LL lightened up a bit on that rule and started allow some selling earlier - maybe thinking people might want to get a US $ balance to pay for tier or Premium dues.

If the old rules still hold true, you won't be able to Process credit until Mar though.

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Interesting - from everything we've ever known before about the ability to sell L$, you shouldn't have been able to until the end of the month since your first L$ purchase was Feb 1st.  Maybe LL lightened up a bit on that rule and started allow some selling earlier - maybe thinking people might want to get a US $ balance to pay for tier or Premium dues.

If the old rules still hold true, you won't be able to Process credit until Mar though.

I see, I believe it was exactly 2 weeks before I was able to sell L$, as I had a Sell Limit of 0.00 until that point, then it increased to $300 US. Then Process Credit showed up, though with a 0.00 limit. So things may have relaxed a bit. Maybe it's 2 weeks to sell, and an additional 2 weeks to Process Credit. Regardless, I'll keep you posted if anything happens before that. Otherwise I'll plan for a March 2nd approximation.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

i should have said it a bit nicer, instead of noobs i'd better use "accounts that step on the financial market for the first time" (but thats so long to type :)  )
When feeling the wealth with your first 1000 lindens is dangerous, you dont feel the bill untill the Credit Card or Paypal takes it from your rl accounts.

I don't follow what's going on, was a comment deleted or something?

9 hours ago, LawlietLily said:

I don't follow what's going on, was a comment deleted or something?

Sort the thread by date and it makes more sense - upper right side, just under the opening post.  The default sort order is by 'votes', so when a post gets voted up or down it totally messes up the logical progression of the comments.

image.png.d3fe7953340d577de54e27f8db3876e1.png

I really, really wish we had the option of setting our preferred default sort order in our own personal settings.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sort the thread by date and it makes more sense - upper right side, just under the opening post.  The default sort order is by 'votes', so when a post gets voted up or down it totally messes up the logical progression of the comments.

image.png.d3fe7953340d577de54e27f8db3876e1.png

I really, really wish we had the option of setting our preferred default sort order in our own personal settings.

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that. That makes much more sense now. Thanks for that!

On 2/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

When you make your first L$ purchase with USD, you account goes into a "new" mode.  Over the next 30 days or so your L$ Buy and Sell limits will increase, but you cannot make a Process Credit Request until your account reaches the Resident 1 level after that first 30 days. 

30 or 31 days or so after your first L$ purchase, you should see the PCR limit show as $999.00.

Once that happens, you will be able to make up to $999.00 PCR's in any 30 day rolling period.  

Thank you, Dakota. I guess it is crystal clear now. At least for me. And thanks to all residents that spend some of their valuable time in helping others.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:02 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

... check your emails, especially the spam folder.  

Sound advice. That's where it went wrong for me. I was snapping and snarling at LL right here in the forum and all the time my request for information email was sat in my spam folder. The embarrassment was excruciating. LL were very forgiving given my attitude at the time. I did of course apoligise profusely

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

Sound advice.

Perhaps could be  suggestion for new feature at the top of these pages... next to messages/notifications... also connect the support system to the notifcation or message button .. if the mail went to spam you'd get still a notification at your dashboard or top of the community pages.

• Like 1

To everyone, this issue has been resolved. After exactly 2 weeks I was Resident 3 with 300$ sell limit and 0$ Credit Process limit. After exactly 30 days of my first transaction, I am Resident 1 with 999$ Credit Process Limit. Thank you to everyone! Let's keep this information somewhere for anyone else's future reference perhaps?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.