Second Life VS VRChat [Video Infographics]

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

VRChat - IK's, dynamic bones, colliders.

Secondlife - no IK's, no dynamic bones, no colliders and a 15+ year old animation system that has yet to evolve.

Well that's it then, better tell everyone to pack up and call it a day. I don't mind hanging on to put chairs up and get the lights.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Well that's it then, better tell everyone to pack up and call it a day. I don't mind hanging on to put chairs up and get the lights.

I love SL, but there are some things I wish would keep up with industry standards.

At least we finally got Animesh, even though we should have had it before pathfinding and there I go again, heh.

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The real question is can you even have pointy ears in VRChat.

Yes of course you can. If you can create a custom avatar in VRChat it can be pretty much anything you want it to be. There is also a thriving business of people making custom VRChat avatars for other people: https://ryanschultz.com/2018/04/27/vrchat/

9 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I love SL, but there are some things I wish would keep up with industry standards.

At least we finally got Animesh, even though we should have had it before pathfinding and there I go again, heh.

Please come to Server User Group today at noon SLT and beat on the Lindens about fixing pathfinding. Pathfinding wasn't that useful before animesh. Now it has a big use case and we need to get some bugs fixed so our animesh characters can move around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.