Firestorm Viewer Stuck On Loading World

GuanaDaredso1982

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm on a Lenovo Flex611IGM laptop/tablet running Windows 10 and as recent as last night (February 15, 2019 to be exact), I started experiencing login issues where the status bar in Firestorm Viewer sticks on Loading World. I don't know how to fix this. Any ideas? Here are my specs: 

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz (1094.4 MHz)
Memory: 3918 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17763.316)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6444
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 25.20.100.6444

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.5
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.09
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (CtrlAltStudio)
Window size: 1366x689 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 64 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.5
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 768 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): unknown

10 answers to this question

I suspect it's this bug - BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10

We haven't seen anyone with  Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600 graphics affected by this yet but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that card is also affected.

Best workaround for now is to roll back your Intel graphics driver to version 24.20.100.6025

2 minutes ago, GuanaDaredso1982 said:

Hmm... It only started this login issue last night, February 15, 2019, and at first I blamed it on my sometimes spotty wi-fi connection, but during the day, the wi-fi works fine. I didn't know there was a bug going around that seems to affect Intel versions 600 and above... It's so weird.

It's an odd bug.
To be affected you must be on Windows 10 64bit (earlier versions of Windows are unaffected).
You must be running a 64bit viewer (so quick test is to try the 32bit version of Firestorm & see if you can login on that).
Whether the viewer will freeze depends on what your avatar bake is too - so a certain visible skin or clothing layer can cause the freeze. If you wear a full body alpha you should be able to login fine.
So if you manage to log in on the 32bit version of Firestorm, wear a full body alpha.  Then you should be able to login just fine on the 64bit Firestorm.
Removing the full body alpha is likely to cause an immediate freeze though.

Best fix for now is to roll back to that older driver version.
LL have a bug report filed with Intel about this.  They are also working on a viewer-side fix.

My version of Windows 10 is 64-bit and I'm currently using a 64-bit version of Firestorm 6.0.1 I think it is. I could download the 32-bit version and try it... Ok, the 32-bit is working fine on my computer, so it must be something related to either the 64-bit viewer or my computer. I'm not sure which...

Edited by GuanaDaredso1982
I had more information to give.
  • Thanks 1

I suddenly could not get in with firestorm or sl viewer.  It was working fine for 3 hours then I signed out and when I came back it lets me sign in and I hear music but do not have visuals.  Shows the loading slider about 3/4's of the way down.  I took your advise and downloaded the beta 32 and I flew right in.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GuanaDaredso1982 said:

Ok, the 32-bit is working fine on my computer, so it must be something related to either the 64-bit viewer or my computer. I'm not sure which...

It's that buggy intel graphics driver, not the viewer as such or your computer.
I presume the bug only affects the 64bit Intel graphics driver, not the 32bit driver, which is why 32bit viewers are not affected. I could be wrong though.

Hello, I am having the same issue as Cindy is... I also had similar issue using Singularity as well.. this is the reason why I switched 2 days ago to firestorm and now firestorm wants to do the same thing. I've clean cleared all caches and uninstall reinstall, reboot, I mean done everything and still same problem IF I do make it be fully logged in it immediately freezes and the only way to shut down is to use task manager. I don't know what else to do???? I'm running windows 10 on a desktop pc. firestorm version 6.0.2 64-bit It started with crashing after every tp I do... then I was good for a bit and now this has happened...ugh! Help! Thanks.

10 hours ago, MuzikGurl Serenity said:

Hello, I am having the same issue as Cindy is... I also had similar issue using Singularity as well.. this is the reason why I switched 2 days ago to firestorm and now firestorm wants to do the same thing. I've clean cleared all caches and uninstall reinstall, reboot, I mean done everything and still same problem IF I do make it be fully logged in it immediately freezes and the only way to shut down is to use task manager. I don't know what else to do???? I'm running windows 10 on a desktop pc. firestorm version 6.0.2 64-bit It started with crashing after every tp I do... then I was good for a bit and now this has happened...ugh! Help! Thanks.

Launch the viewer to the login screen.
In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:28 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's an odd bug.
To be affected you must be on Windows 10 64bit (earlier versions of Windows are unaffected).
You must be running a 64bit viewer (so quick test is to try the 32bit version of Firestorm & see if you can login on that).
Whether the viewer will freeze depends on what your avatar bake is too - so a certain visible skin or clothing layer can cause the freeze. If you wear a full body alpha you should be able to login fine.
So if you manage to log in on the 32bit version of Firestorm, wear a full body alpha.  Then you should be able to login just fine on the 64bit Firestorm.
Removing the full body alpha is likely to cause an immediate freeze though.

Best fix for now is to roll back to that older driver version.
LL have a bug report filed with Intel about this.  They are also working on a viewer-side fix.

The fact that adding a full body alpha layer to the avatar fixes this issue suggests that it's actually an LL issue with how their software interacts with the different Intel graphics card hardware. Perhaps LL should be looking into what recent features they've released that would cause such a problem.

4 hours ago, Maximillon Lefavre said:

The fact that adding a full body alpha layer to the avatar fixes this issue suggests that it's actually an LL issue with how their software interacts with the different Intel graphics card hardware. Perhaps LL should be looking into what recent features they've released that would cause such a problem.

There was a fix for this bug that went into the EEP viewer but unfortunately it didn't work, not on my system anyway.

BUG-226624 - [EEP] The fix for SL-10081 doesn't work - viewer still freezes & doesn't recover.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.