Thvrm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

By your logic, older people should be richer, because they've had more time to accumulate wealth. I'll have to call my grandmother and give her the good news.

I’ve lost track of which of your posts are sarcasm. So, it’s your Grandmother’s own fault if she’s not rich. Did I get it right? It’s like a guessing game, Wheeeeeee!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

More life experience is a thing, actually.

Yes, but ...

16 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Life experience does not equal knowledge or wisdom though.

Some people just get stuck in their ways, and gain neither of those each passing year. 

... That.

Having lived for 30 years longer, and working all those 40 years for 50 hours per week in, say, a restaurant, doesn't mean that the elder person in any way trumps a recently graduated doctor, when discussing what to do about their liver shutting down. Unless they suggest it be served, I guess. Wrinkles nose.

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yes, but ...

... That.

Having lived for 30 years longer, and working all those 40 years for 50 hours per week in, say, a restaurant, doesn't mean that the elder person in any way trumps a recently graduated doctor, when discussing what to do about their liver shutting down. Unless they suggest it be served, I guess. Wrinkles nose.

Hmm..do you respect people at all, or just yourself?

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..do you respect people at all, or just yourself?

How would you suggest that question to be relevant to the discussion, or in any way of interest?

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nobody suggested comparing people with different skills / training, but you. *phew*

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Um...kind of how it works..older people have more experience, thus more chance to accumulate wisdom. You’ll understand when you’re older. 😹

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

More life experience is a thing, actually.

Your incessant repetition of groundless statements such as that suggests otherwise. Unless you're under the assumption that everyone follows an identical trajectory of intellectual development through life and that a person's wisdom and knowledge is solely based on what point of time in their lifespan they are currently occupying?

In case you didn't pay attention to my sentiments regarding argumentum ad hominem just a few moments ago, this feels like a good place to concede from this apparently pointless discourse. 

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

How would you suggest that question to be relevant to the discussion, or in any way of interest?

Your incessant repetition of groundless statements such as that suggests otherwise. Unless you're under the assumption that everyone follows an identical trajectory of intellectual development through life and that a person's wisdom and knowledge is solely based on what point of time in their lifespan they are currently occupying?

In case you didn't pay attention to my sentiments regarding argumentum ad hominem just a few moments ago, this feels like a good place to concede from this apparently pointless discourse. 

It’s ok, you’ll get better at this. I firmly believe that, and look forward to it. Was good practice though.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:34 PM, Orwar said:

I hate being called a millennial, because of its implications. And whilst I make no secret of my age, I'm not amused by the prospect of someone claiming that they should be any more wise or experienced than I, simply because they've lived a little longer. Funnily, I do get attacked a lot for attacking the 'millennial generation' whenever the topic comes up

Its because people are so utterly f... bored of hearing about it. Every opportunity some moron has had over the last 15 years its "millennials....wah wah....millennials...so unfair...millennials". The people complaining about millennials are doing far more whining and moaning than millennials themselves. Its become a worn out meme if you will and has always been laughable when you compare the failings of the previous generations to the millennials and realise that the previous generations broke the world in ways the millennials could only dream of doing and yet its millennials that get all of the hate. When you look at the people in power, those responsible for the recession, debt, house price crisis, those dictating war and conflict etc etc hardly any if any at all are millennials, most come from the previous generations and cause far more havoc in the world and...yet....its millennials that people just drone on and on and on about for being.....lazy.... 

In terms of lazy there was one generation that spent a whole entire decade doing nothing other than bumming around, smoking pot, putting flowers in each others hair and peddling tree woo to those daft enough to fall for it

Sub note : I am a millennial and a master procrastinator who has perfected the fine art of procrastinating procrastination that fully supports the introduction of robotic helpers to do  the majority of the difficult tasks we face in life thus freeing us up to live a life of self fulfilled enjoyment and exploitation and nude bathing.

• Like 4

On 2/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, Thvrm said:

It seems to be very difficult for me to find people around my age on here, i am always the youngest in the room and it sucks, which also makes it harder to find love interest. Are there no young 90 babies that play sl?😞

There's your first problem, treating SL as a dating site. Seeing as anyone can be anything in SL, you have no idea if the woman you are SLexing is actually a woman. Go out in Rl, head to clubs, bars, dating sites, the library, whatever. Just don't do it here. 

4 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

the previous generations broke the world in ways the millennials could only dream of doing and yet its millennials that get all of the hate.

I will fully take the blame for my generation blasting open the ozone layer with Aquanet. Sorry, our bad. But we did have awesome music. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

in my country  90s generation i called "Broken generation". And Milleanials called just millenials(logic) , just in my city they get so much hate, because they mostly do photograph work, modeling  and sometimes they try to visit school or college,lol. I don t have any problem with any generation.,becausei m fluffy peaceful kitten from 1890s.

my ex from college loves millenial girls much.))) like 15-16 years old model girls🤣eww,

On 2/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, Thvrm said:

It seems to be very difficult for me to find people around my age on here, i am always the youngest in the room and it sucks, which also makes it harder to find love interest. Are there no young 90 babies that play sl?😞

Well I was born in 2000 does that count?? 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It appears 90’s babies have a thicker skin. This shall serve them well!

Given how much everyone is so easily offended these days, and from what I see that happens much more with the younger folks than the older ones, I sure wouldn't say that thicker skin is a common attribute in that age group.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given how much everyone is so easily offended these days, and from what I see that happens much more with the younger folks than the older ones, I sure wouldn't say that thicker skin is a common attribute in that age group.

Be nice, they’ll be changing our diapers one day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 1:25 AM, Thvrm said:

I just put a similar post up before falling upon this! 90's baby here! Always here to chat and hang out if you wanna add me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 2:11 AM, Orwar said:

I know a few people born in the 90's and even in the noughties, I'm one of them myself. I think you'll find age and maturity are two things wholly separate in SL though. 

@Orwar I'm surprised; I'd assumed you were significantly older than that (in a good way; you come across as being very mature in your posts).

On the downside, I have to stop fancying you now 'cos it's suddenly become creepy.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.