Somebody loves me...

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/28/2019 at 2:28 AM, Bradford Mint said:

They just want your money. In their catalogue you'll probably find also the following:-

"To my dear future ex-wife/husband"

And Valentine's Day gifts to children????? Nonononono

I do understand that, from your position, some of these things simply don't exist, or shouldn't exist. You perhaps haven't had the same experiences as others, and so your interpretation or reception of a specific day and what people "should do", or even "actually do", may very well be biased based on that. All humans have biases, for all kinds of reasons. 

I will, however, pose the idea that had you been exposed to things being done differently than you believe they should, especially from a young age, for example a place where such things are quite common and have been for many generations...you'd likely think differently. Even if you didn't, however, and still believe things *shouldn't be that way, you'd still know that they are a certain way. (clear as mud?, yeah, probably :P )

On 2/28/2019 at 2:28 AM, Bradford Mint said:

I'm going to go and print some "Wishing you a happy bacon sandwich day" cards 

This, you should DEFINITELY do! Even more so if you include actual bacon, because...well, it's friggen bacon!!

Then again, I am fond of odd gifts, cards for no real reason, funny cards, and all sorts of things that make people smile, with no particular holiday necessarily attached (and a lot of times even with a holiday attached too). I am fond of such, because I am fond of making people smile unexpectedly. If they're expecting it, it's great too, but it's pretty awesome when they're really not expecting it. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, Bradford Mint said:

I'd suggest that if you have to believe rather than just have it hit you, perhaps it's not love after all?

If I'm not happy, content, & feeling all is well in the moment (is this a definition of love? maybe...or maybe these are important elements of 'love), then it's usually because I'm trying to control SOMEthing. Perhaps my mind is foggy and I'm frustrated that a blessed clearness is not in the cards that morning, or perhaps I wish to be out in my RL garden but snow, ice, and bitter cold covers it so I'm stuck inside, or perhaps a friend spoke harshly to me and I wished for support and kindness....perhaps perhaps perhaps...there's always something to need from our external reality...ways we'd like to control the world if we could. But, if I just face the pain of not getting what I thought I needed and let go of the striving then an amazing peace comes over me...and I'm happy & content, feeling all is well in this present moment.
Accepting responsibility and choosing to allow this state of consciousness (love) exemplifies that we are believing in it -- we let go of the striving, let go of the mistaken belief that something in the external world will create the illusion of permanence.
That's how I see it anyway, on March 1st, 2019  :)

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was simply implying that there likely are quite a few people buying those non-romantic cards or they wouldn't keep selling them.  Thus, at least in the markets where they do offer the non-romantic cards, it must be a fairly popular concept with folks.

I ran across this blog where the author claims she worked at a greeting card company in the US, and that half the V Day cards sold were friendship cards, so yeah, given this evidence (she seems reputable anyway) and all the evidence we have from US folks here in the thread I'd say the U.S. V Day is not just a romantic one:

https://www.bryndonovan.com/2019/02/04/beyond-valentines-day-holidays-about-love-and-friendship-around-the-world/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I ran across this blog where the author claims she worked at a greeting card company in the US, and that half the V Day cards sold were friendship cards, so yeah, given this evidence (she seems reputable anyway) and all the evidence we have from US folks here in the thread I'd say the U.S. V Day is not just a romantic one:

https://www.bryndonovan.com/2019/02/04/beyond-valentines-day-holidays-about-love-and-friendship-around-the-world/

How could Phil know? He doesn’t live here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Then again, I am fond of odd gifts, cards for no real reason, funny cards, and all sorts of things that make people smile, with no particular holiday necessarily attached (and a lot of times even with a holiday attached too). I am fond of such, because I am fond of making people smile unexpectedly. If they're expecting it, it's great too, but it's pretty awesome when they're really not expecting it.

Yes, Tari, I do believe you are creating love  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.