Somebody loves me...

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Don't you get a notify when someone gives you something?

Umm, are you seriously suggesting I'm the only one here that got those bracelets? 😮

If so it's blood red blushing time for me.

Let me put it this way. The bracelets were a gift from an account I've never heard of before but from the profile it is definitely an alt that can only belong to a very small group of people. Some of these may well be likely to send a gift to several active forumites but I can't for my life imagine any of them givng me a personal gift.

I think I'm going to wear these bracelets for a while.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

Just now, ChinRey said:

Umm, are you seriously suggesting I'm the only one here that got those bracelets? 😮

If so it's blood red blushing time for me.

Let me put it this way. The bracelets were a gift from an account I've never heard of before but from the profile it is definitely an alt that can only belong to a very few people. Some of these may well be likely to send a gift to several active forumites but I can't for my life imagine any of them givng me a personal gift.

I think I'm going to wear these bracelets for a while.

Oh I see now. You know who gave it to you, you just don't know who they "really" are.

My Bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Not even as group gifts?

Group gifts don't get sent over the marketplace, or without clicking a vendor. Usually. 

Sending group stuff out randomly is generally an advertising ploy of some kind, to try to get you in to buy more. 

I'd bet $L that someone out there has a crush.

Edited by Gadget Portal

51 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

Group gifts don't get sent over the marketplace.

Nobody said anything about the marketplace. It wsasn't through MP.

51 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

I'd bet $L that someone out there has a crush.

Hmmm... Of the few people that could possibly be behind the sender account, there are even fewer I've ever had any kind of one-on-one communication with at all. And I think all of them have far more reason to hate me than love me. It must be a really generous and forgiving person indeed! :)

I'm definitely going to wear the bracelets for a while, yes .

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bradford Mint said:

It seems to me that the sentiment of Valentine's Day has become entirely lost. It's not a public holiday, everyone is not your Valentine, thus wishing everyone a "Happy Valentine's Day" is inappropriate somewhat!

Just thought I'd drop that on a thread.

In my country it's called literally "Friend's Day" so the whole world is my valentine for one day and you can't stop me!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bradford Mint said:

It seems to me that the sentiment of Valentine's Day has become entirely lost. It's not a public holiday, everyone is not your Valentine, thus wishing everyone a "Happy Valentine's Day" is inappropriate somewhat!

Its in the spirit of the time we live in. I mean, Christmas originally is not about Santa Clause and inviting people over and stuff yourself with food next to a tree with lights and wishing everyone a merry Christmas. But that is how we celebrate it today anyway. Valentine might be originally a Christian saint remembrance, but now we do it as we do it.

I don't care for either, or any holiday really, not even birthdays. But that's me. If people like wishing each other stuff because of a certain date on the calendar, and it makes them feel happy, good for hem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bradford Mint said:

Not everyone celebrates Christmas either, but you hear just about everyone saying "Merry Christmas" in December, or Happy Thanksgiving near the 4th thursday in November, Or Happy Easter... Wishing someone a Happy anything shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing. It's a non religious holiday, no harm in saying "Happy V-day." Kind of like saying "Happy Friday" at the office.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Not everyone celebrates Christmas either, but you hear just about everyone saying "Merry Christmas" in December, or Happy Thanksgiving near the 4th thursday in November, Or Happy Easter... Wishing someone a Happy anything shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing. It's a non religious holiday, no harm in saying "Happy V-day." Kind of like saying "Happy Friday" at the office.

No matter what you or anyone else says -- today is CANDY HALF OFF DAY and nothing that can be said can change my mind.

brb. renting a Uhaul... 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, belindacarson said:

Have you checked for any nefarious scripts?

Oh gosh, I didn't think about that! :P

But no worries. It's a sort of official LL gift. There's a vendor somewhere in SL where you can order it to be sent to somebody on Valentine day along with a message. But the message is supposed to tell who it actually is from and this didn't.

4 hours ago, Bradford Mint said:

Don't forget that Second Life is international. Valentine's day as you know it, is not. It's a 19th century English invention that only really was known in English speaking countries until recently.

That is, Valentine's day is one of the many old catholic feast days celebrating various saints. So it is a part of the underlying Western tradition and it always has a love or friendship theme. But the way it is traditionally celebrated, if at all, differs a lot. In Norway where I live, it's not even marked on a regular calendar. I'm not sure I even knew about Calentine's Day the Anglo-American way until a few years ago when I watched an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Many other cultures also have a day celebrating love or friendship but those are of course not related to any christian tradition and it seems they tend to be in autumn.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.