Deeding Land to a Group

Jo Bohemian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to deed some mainland to a group, but do I then need to stay in that group or can I leave it?

The group owner is my building alt so there won't be any problem rejoining the group if I need to sell the land back to myself at some point. I just don't really need to be in the group and I need the group slot.

Hello Jo. The only you can do is set the land to your group offering in fact the right of rezz for the people in the group. On the other side you can NOT deed the land in the group. With other worlds noone else has access in the land options except of the owner.

I'm a little confused. I have deeded mainland to a group before, which gave anyone in the group with the right group settings the ability to change land settings, etc. When I wanted to un-deed the land I had to sell it back to myself.

I'm just trying to find out if I need to stay in the group once I have donated the land to that group, or if I can leave.

When you deed land to a group, your donation shows next to your name on the members tab and as a contribution on the group land tab. if you leave the group, your contribution would vanish and the group would end up owning more land than it has donations for.

If that happens LL contacts the group founder and warns them to get more donations or lose the land. They take the land 72 hours later if it is not corrected.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.