Gifts being sent to me instead of the person the gift is for

NaZyanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This has happened to me 4 times already, and I am really getting frustrated. 

I have specifically tried to give a gift to someone, gave the correct name and hit buy...but the gift came to ME and not the person whose name I looked up and put in the gift section. What's going on with this?  Most times when you contact the seller, they take DAYS to respond. Is there any way you can look into this? 

Yes I was very careful, yes I knew the name, and yes I took the correct steps to send my gift...

Help.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, NaZyanne said:

Help.

there is no direct help for this issue, it's in hands of LL.
several earlier posts and the grid status reports show issues with this that aren't solved yet.
You'll have to be patient.
You could ask the seller for some help, but he's not responsible for the delivery system, most will assist you, but some will point you to LL.

1 hour ago, NaZyanne said:

I have specifically tried to give a gift to someone, gave the correct name and hit buy...but the gift came to ME and not the person whose name I looked up and put in the gift section. What's going on with this?  Most times when you contact the seller, they take DAYS to respond. Is there any way you can look into this? 

Yes I was very careful, yes I knew the name, and yes I took the correct steps to send my gift...

Help.

Was this in a store or on marketplace ? if on marketplace did you make sure to check the shopping cart that the name of the giftee was clearly there ? if you gift and then choose buy now it will always go to you not the gifter, it is a strange SL'ism . Also check your purchasing page history on marketplace to see if it shows as being gifted but still came to you, that should help with customer service contact the creator immediately and if the purchases were four times the same thing to the same person, it will show intent , but definitely contact LL by Ticket and see if they can fix that for you. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NaZyanne said:

I'd recommend that if you are spending money and something doesn't work, it might not be a great idea to keep trying it over and over (spending more money) until you've looked into what the problem might be.

I'm guessing this was on the Marketplace.  The Grid Status notes issues with Marketplace gifting and there are lots of threads regarding the same thing.  I'd suggest opening a Support ticket.

unfortunately as a few others have said; short of the seller being willing to help you out, which dont hold your breath on it, you will have to wait for ll to sort it out. a friend had this same problem a few weeks back. they tried to buy me a new avatar and send it as a gift and it got sent to them. so its happened before. best idea is contact both the seller and ll about the issue then wait and see what happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.