Help ! What's offensive ?

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

That almost sounds like they used a learning algorithm so they wouldn't have to manually add in new entries.

I suppose Tari answered that well and truly. ;)

I can't remember the details but there was actually a time when the name of one of LL's development projects was flagged on MP.

8 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

You're totally missing the point here. In this thread, it was speculated that 17LI set off a no go because it resembled loli. Then, why would 17LI ring alarm bells and loli apparently not?

The word loli causes the same problem.

Having the word loli in your item description will cause your product to be unlisted with the warning: Successfully updated, but banned text in the description field caused an automatic unlisting of the product

Easy to test  ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Having the word loli in your item description will cause your product to be unlisted with the warning: Successfully updated, but banned text in the description field caused an automatic unlisting of the product

Easy to test  ;)

But apparently it is okay to have Loli as part of the product title - found a few such products on MP.

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

But apparently it is okay to have Loli as part of the product title - found a few such products on MP.

Interesting. On a Gacha alt I have this old Pwnie Plushie I can't list because it has loli in the description albeit nothing at all to do with that type of thing. It simply won't let me list it with that name in the title.

5 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Easy to test  ;)

Nope

It WOULD be easy to test, if the programming utilized hard coded absolutes, but we all know it does not.  Now whether or not it utilizes a set (it couldn't possibly utilize a singular) of learning/self teaching algorithms to adjust, change, alter, whatever terms one wants to use, this particular section of the coding..I can't be certain. In fact, it has been made extremely clear that even LL can't be certain, because they too don't understand it. It would, however, probably be the best guess that anyone, including LL could possibly make as to why it is so screwed up and doesn't actually meet any hard coded "rules" for allowed or disallowed phrases (and that applies to not only item titles, but also descriptions, keywords, etc..). I have absolutely no doubt that it could be fixed, or that changes have been made in the past to this area (like I said been an issue since day one and phrases wouldn't randomly appear and disappear as disallowed without changes being made). I do, however, doubt that LL is capable of properly fixing it. 

So I simply choose to laugh at the absurdities of the entire process, because otherwise, I would be bald from pulling my hair out over it all. I've found, as with many issues, it's better to laugh at it, and those apologists that try to explain that this is how something like this should function, than it is to stress over it. Sometimes it helps to ask others, such as the OP did here, because odds are good, merchants here know why your listing set off a trigger. But otherwise..eh...don't expect LL, or anyone trying to answer for them, to give you a real answer, *ain't happenin*. :D 

With over 4,800 characters still available, wouldn't it've been easier to have typed 'land impact' in the first place.

I hate abbreviations in Marketplace descriptions, as sometimes they can misunderstood or left open to interpretation.

An item description is a place where clarity should be paramount. Lazy description, to me, implies lazy seller.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 6:22 AM, rasterscan said:

MP refuses to list my item - 

Successfully updated, but banned text in the description field caused an automatic unlisting of the product

Heres the item decription: I just cannot fathom what is upsetting the holy ears of Linden Labs. Can you see whats offending them ? Oh and Ive tried clearing cache etc in chrome - surely its not 'He comes' ... is it ? ... Nope - changed it to 'delivered' - still unlisted

fa52459961a28aabbcc4eea0fee19858.png.8e2c7e87ccdd1562b664daf6a93959d4.png

I was gonna guess "hard man"

:)

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.