Jump to content
rasterscan

Help ! What's offensive ?

Recommended Posts

MP refuses to list my item - 

Successfully updated, but banned text in the description field caused an automatic unlisting of the product

Heres the item decription: I just cannot fathom what is upsetting the holy ears of Linden Labs. Can you see whats offending them ? Oh and Ive tried clearing cache etc in chrome - surely its not 'He comes' ... is it ? ... Nope - changed it to 'delivered' - still unlisted

fa52459961a28aabbcc4eea0fee19858.png.8e2c7e87ccdd1562b664daf6a93959d4.png

 

 

Edited by rasterscan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try adding a space between "17" and "LI".. Somebody posted a similar topic recently, and it seemed like LL's filters were picking it up as a disguised "loli."

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Try adding a space between "17" and "LI".. Somebody posted a similar topic recently, and it seemed like LL's filters were picking it up as a disguised "loli."

Wow ! High Five and Thankyou ! Fixed ! Wonders what a disguised loli might be but I aint googling it  :D

Edited by rasterscan
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a simple one for a change.

The algorithm that is supposed to catch naughty words still ahs a lot of quirks that don's seem to make sense to any human.

I know of one texture maker with a name that is on the list of - not banned but at least A rated - words. I only found out when I used some of her textures for some of my works and tried to give her credit in the item descriptions.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChinRey said:

That was a simple one for a change.

The algorithm that is supposed to catch naughty words still ahs a lot of quirks that don's seem to make sense to any human.

I know of one texture maker with a name that is on the list of - not banned but at least A rated - words. I only found out when I used some of her textures for some of my works and tried to give her credit in the item descriptions.

 

the joys of machine learning...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

That was a simple one for a change.

The algorithm that is supposed to catch naughty words still ahs a lot of quirks that don's seem to make sense to any human.

I know of one texture maker with a name that is on the list of - not banned but at least A rated - words. I only found out when I used some of her textures for some of my works and tried to give her credit in the item descriptions.

 

Yeah. That was a weird one. 17LI indeed. I lost an hour of my life editing and re-editing wondering wth was wrong before I turned to the forum to get help. 17LI would have been the last thing I would have tried. The ad would have said nothing but 17LI before I had finished. And would still have been rejected. Laughs perhaps slightly bitterly. My friend does'nt know what a disguised loli is either btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rasterscan said:

My friend does'nt know what a disguised loli is either btw. 

"Disguised" as in changing the way the word is written so that word filters don't notice it. Kinda like how you would type swear words like f**k, or ag3pl4y. "Loli" just refers to a little girl, but rarely in a PG way.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Kinda like how you would type swear words like f**k, or ag3pl4y.

I don't! I never use such dirty words, disguised or not!

Of course, my computer is always addign typos to my text and some of those can be, ummm... a bit embarrasing. But that doesn't c**t.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same happen with 6LI and 12LI in the item description. 9LI however seemed to be acceptable... :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I'll just leave these here, folks:

You know? Swearing could be moderate, @Arduenn Schwartzman ... those candies on a stick also use that term - they even used it for that before Nabakov - and I think that ***** was only forbidden in sexual context... or we would have to kick all those kiddo avis out of SL

I am pretty sure you found disgusting not innocent examples but I bet most were harmless and within TOS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 5:43 PM, ChinRey said:

I don't! I never use such dirty words, disguised or not!

Of course, my computer is always addign typos to my text and some of those can be, ummm... a bit embarrasing. But that doesn't c**t.

I don't do embarrassing typos often, but the autocorrect on my tablet gets me so many times I should know better than to hit send right away.

Nothing like trying to say "Yes Dax, but we also need..." and it somehow thinks I wanted to write Daddy instead. I still haven't lived that one down and get teased up to this day as it was in a group discord no less :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

and I think that ***** was only forbidden in sexual context

You're totally missing the point here. In this thread, it was speculated that 17LI set off a no go because it resembled loli. Then, why would 17LI ring alarm bells and loli apparently not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's called "speculation" for a reason.

Fact of the matter is that we - the general user base - don't know.

Who does? Linden Lab does and they're not about to tell anyone what the flagging triggers are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

It's called "speculation" for a reason.

Fact of the matter is that we - the general user base - don't know.

Who does? Linden Lab does and they're not about to tell anyone what the flagging triggers are.

Not always. I've reported a couple of strange word filter behaviour to them and it's not at all unusual for them to be just as surprised as we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Not always. I've reported a couple of strange word filter behaviour to them and it's not at all unusual for them to be just as surprised as we are.

That almost sounds like they used a learning algorithm so they wouldn't have to manually add in new entries.

That or the ones that set up the lists don't work at the Lab anymore - either case would have the same result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Yes. And i just put forth some arguments arguing against those speculations.

No you didn't.  What you did was share some search results, those are not arguments arguing against those speculations, because the speculations are not absolutes, neither are your arguments.

Ftr, this entire subject has been a massive issue since the inception of the MP. Yes , since day one, there has been a list and algorithms used against said lists, along with whatever other arguments LL has hard coded into the system, to search for "disallowed words". Never has LL released said lists, outside of some general information located in the MP selling guidelines. Never should any of us expect to know them, either. 

Many a word have set off both the banned word flag, and the "let's change the listing to adult" flag, the vast majority of the words are actually innocuous, in pretty much all forms, including l33t sp34k, which is what drives the vast majority of frustration towards LL in this arena. LL does not care, has almost stated as much by never addressing this issue. However we can all take comfort in knowing that the list(s) and programming utilized for this, are ever changing., and they are *never* consistent across the board. Basically that means while it may trigger flags for some listings, it won't for all. So, take comfort in knowing that even LL have no damn clue how the hell the whole thing works, either, and they never have.  :D

For a while, my name, Tari, set off the adult flag...then for a while, it set off the banned flag, now it no longer does(that I know of, who knows, it might again, hard to say, lol).  As did words like hat, turtle, chocolate, the number 8...seriously, do a search of the forums, you'll find the previous discussions about this, they're kinda entertaining. Most of them are about the adult flag, versus the banned flag, but it's still applicable, it's all the same ridiculously terrible programming. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

No you didn't.  What you did was share some search results, those are not arguments arguing against those speculations, because the speculations are not absolutes, neither are your arguments.

Yes I did. The fact that speculations and arguments are not absolutes, has nothing to do with anything. The whole concept of absolutes here is totally irrelevant and meaningless.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×