Conversion starters

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Were I the sort of person interested in conversion, I'd probably start by asking them what religion they currently observe. As an atheist, I expect some conversions would be easier than others, and I'd want to pick the low hanging fruit first, like Pastafarians.

I was thinking more along the lines of metric conversion.Β 

I forget, are the Pastafarians the ones who worship the FSM?

56 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was thinking more along the lines of metric conversion.Β 

I forget, are the Pastafarians the ones who worship the FSM?

Bildresultat fâr flying spaghetti monster

Β  Β Aye.

• Haha 1

Β 

7 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Were I the sort of person interested in conversion, I'd probably start by asking them what religion they currently observe. As an atheist, I expect some conversions would be easier than others, and I'd want to pick the low hanging fruit first, like Pastafarians.

I prefer typecasts.Β 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 12:57 AM, Derekmate said:

OK so there is a topic about lines what you hate. But what about the lines you like to read when somebody say hi to you?

The best line that worked on me: Β 

A woman came up to me and said something in spanish.Β  I responded "No hablo Espanol, do you speak English?".Β Β Β  She then said "Come with me, we will do things."

Β 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 2/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, Derekmate said:

OK so there is a topic about lines what you hate. But what about the lines you like to read when somebody say hi to you?Β 

What should be the next one after heey?

some nice opening lines:

"Good day, milady"

"Excuse me, mayΒ I take your picture?"Β 

"If you hear some strange singing, it's just me..."

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 5:10 AM, Orwar said:

Β  Β For me, it's very easy to tell whether a person prods me because they want to be pixel bumped or if they've read my profile and found anything interesting. Mainly because my profile's contents currently only really bring up photography and satanism - unfortunately I haven't yet been told that 'Jesus loves me' or anything such ...Β 

Β  Β If it's in general chat, I'm usually not one to start or keep up with conversation at all. Mention shoes and I'll be semi-afk for at least half an hour before peeking in to see if the conversation has gotten endurable yet.Β 

Jesus loves you!

Shoes!

kittyball.gif.d9f3892bc501535b22d8deb66dcd5603.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Jesus loves you!

Shoes!

Β  Β Well, unfortunately for Jesus, I'm not into guys.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I assume you’ve tried it already. Well, shucks! Waitaminute, isn’t Satan a guy?!

Β  Β Depends on how you mean I'd have 'tried' it. I've met men, I've spent a great deal of time with some, made emotional connections, shared laughs, tears and hugs - but I never got aroused by a man. Maybe I just didn't find the right one yet?Β 

Β  Β As for Satan, his gender is basically whichever gender you are as he's a metaphysical representation of your own potential in modern satanism. The mythological figure in Christian folklore is male, and it's his actions that inspired the ideal of a liberated mind that is the goal of the philosophy. Many manifestations of the ideal entity are hermaphrodites, Baphomet being one of the most popular ones as his seal (the inverted pentagram with a goat's head) is the insignia of both the Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple; sometimes he is depicted with one or two female breasts. How much of this is actual philosophical allegory and how much of it is The Satanic Temple being outspoken left-wing political activists with a strong drive for feminism and LGBT rights, is sometimes a bit hard to tell. Also, some people tend to confuse Baphomet with Slaanesh - who... Is a Chaos god in the Warhammer universe. Even among satanists, there are less bright bulbs.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Satan is a guy, a man of wealth and taste.

I think I read somewhere that Baphomet actually came from crusading times in the middle east, and was originated from Mohammed. To late to google now, bed time for me!

Β  Β Satan in christian folklore, which is the character the song is about, is indeed male.Β 

Β  Β Baphomet as a word is derivedΒ from 'Bafumarias', which is what Raymond of Augliers called the mosques of the holy land in his chronicles of the first crusade. So when the Knights Templar were accused of serving Baphomet, it was a way of calling them heretics. This sparked the deification of Baphomet within various occult societies. That's as far as I know, at least - I don't know if Raymond called them 'Bafumarias' for any specific reason. I've read a lot about the first crusade as I find it a very interesting historical topic, but as with much military history in general, people write about the generals and leaders, influencers important to the plot, the battles, the battle technology, the political intrigue, and a whole lot of suggestions of ways of how the events of the first crusade came to change further events, brought various technologies from one part of the world to another, and so forth - I've yet to find any essays on 'How Baphomet snuck into Catholic Europe in the baggage of the returning 11th century crusaders and laid the seeds for 20th century anti-theism'. Darn, that'd be a slow burn for the papacy for sticking their knights where they didn't belong - perhaps not as magnetic a video as all those 'instant karma' ones. Bring popcorn!

On 2/13/2019 at 5:17 AM, Gabriele Graves said:

Don't respond to: single word greetings without any follow up, "Where are you from?" or variations on "You are beautiful

Depending on the vibe i get from that person, thats what i like to answer sometimes...
"Thank you. Its a GA.EG "Mia" head, self made shape, Maitreya Lara body, Hilly Haalan Shorts, Gulabi Shirt, DeLa "Alba" hairs, ROC "Patchwork Boots".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Depending on the vibe i get from that person, thats what i like to answer sometimes...
"Thank you. Its a GA.EG "Mia" head, self made shape, Maitreya Lara body, Hilly Haalan Shorts, Gulabi Shirt, DeLa "Alba" hairs, ROC "Patchwork Boots".

I love this, what kind of responses do you get?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.