Conversion starters

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:10 AM, Orwar said:

Mention shoes and I'll be semi-afk for at least half an hour before peeking in to see if the conversation has gotten endurable yet. 

Zeta and I know this one firsthand. 😄

I don't offer to share my chocolate with just anyone, you know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

130 kmh = roughly 80-81 miles per hour (the US system).  I usually have my cruise set on 79-80 mph on the latter part of my drive to work each morning - a 4 lane non-divided highway.  There is a speed limit of 65 mph (104.6 kph) on that section of road, but I tend to ignore speed limits on highway / interstate type roads with little traffic.

The toll road that goes to the airport, as well as the interstate heading north to Wyoming, both have speed limits of 75 mph (120.7 kph) and my husband & I pretty much always drive those at 85- 90 mph (136.8 - 144.8 kph).

If I'm not within the busy part of the city or in neighborhoods, then I tend to think of speed limits simply as 'suggestions'.

Driving max. 20 kph faster than allowed shouldnt be a problem in the most of the cases over here (out of town!)
If you get a ticket for speeding, it wont make you broke, neither will you fly off the road. But that can change in construction sites. If there are 2 lanes, the left one is just about 2 -  2.5 meters wide. You dont want to squeeze yourself between a full size truck and the guardrail driving 120 kph :)

5 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Driving max. 20 kph faster than allowed shouldnt be a problem in the most of the cases over here (out of town!)
If you get a ticket for speeding, it wont make you broke, neither will you fly off the road. But that can change in construction sites. If there are 2 lanes, the left one is just about 2 -  2.5 meters wide. You dont want to squeeze yourself between a full size truck and the guardrail driving 120 kph :)

I do have a smaller sedan/coupe style car, that has a turbo engine, a 6-speed manual shift, and it was basically designed to go fast, so that does help a bit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.