Conversion starters

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For me, its not really the line that matters, but the intent of starting the conversation. You can be very original and funny, but if the intend is still just to get me in the sack, its just as bad as "Hi, sex?"

If I'm exploring a lovely sim, and someone else exploring there or making pics talks to me about the place, or about making pictures for example, I don't mind if the opening line is good or not because the topic is a shared interest and something I like talking about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Derekmate said:

OK so there is a topic about lines what you hate. But what about the lines you like to read when somebody say hi to you? 

What should be the next one after heey?

Something that makes me genuinely laugh or at least smile will get my interest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

None whatsoever. Even if it’s gonna be an Adult proposition, I’d love nothing better than "Sex?” - “No.”, for minimum time & effort waste.

More generally, people have been surprised to see how much better I respond to directness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For me, it's very easy to tell whether a person prods me because they want to be pixel bumped or if they've read my profile and found anything interesting. Mainly because my profile's contents currently only really bring up photography and satanism - unfortunately I haven't yet been told that 'Jesus loves me' or anything such ... 

If it's in general chat, I'm usually not one to start or keep up with conversation at all. Mention shoes and I'll be semi-afk for at least half an hour before peeking in to see if the conversation has gotten endurable yet. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Orwar said:

For me, it's very easy to tell whether a person prods me because they want to be pixel bumped or if they've read my profile and found anything interesting. Mainly because my profile's contents currently only really bring up photography and satanism - unfortunately I haven't yet been told that 'Jesus loves me' or anything such ... 

If it's in general chat, I'm usually not one to start or keep up with conversation at all. Mention shoes and I'll be semi-afk for at least half an hour before peeking in to see if the conversation has gotten endurable yet. 

From the information in your post, you’d probably enjoy a reading of Steve Martin’s short story “Cruel Shoes”.

• Like 2

Right now I've been getting the greetings that start with " Welcome back to SL" cause I state in my profile I've returned to the site and so far that's been a good opening to the conversation other than the usual "Hello sexy" or Hello beautiful" which sometimes leads to no good hehe.

17 hours ago, Derekmate said:

OK so there is a topic about lines what you hate. But what about the lines you like to read when somebody say hi to you? 

What should be the next one after heey?

If they start with saying "heey", they can skip any further comments as that is not a proper conversation opener (nor is it any way to 'start a "conversion" ').

The ones that I typically respond to are either commenting on my profile or asking me my opinion on something about wherever we are.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Were I the sort of person interested in conversion, I'd probably start by asking them what religion they currently observe. As an atheist, I expect some conversions would be easier than others, and I'd want to pick the low hanging fruit first, like Pastafarians.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.