AttachtoAvatar issue?

Ghostly Dismantled

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. 

So I managed to get a bucket on the wall to rez a another bucket to attach to avatar, everything works but the positioning.

When I touch the bucket rezzed, llRequestPermission dialog pops up, once accepted the rezzed object attaches to the avatar but doesn't attach correctly.

It would be on the correct attachment point (left forearm) but the rotation won't change no matter how many tests or adjustments I run.

Not sure quite what to do.

Edited by SweetheartLara

The object should always attach with the same local position and local rotation (relative to the attachment point) that it had the last time it was saved.  So, you attach a copy of the object manually to your forearm, adjust it appropriately, and then take it to your inventory.  Use that copy in your rezzer.  When it's rezzed and attached with either llAttachToAvatar or llAttachToAvatarTemp, it should have the proper orientation.

Yes, you could also script llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast statements in the object itself to adjust the object as it attaches, but that's more work for you.

• Like 1

@Rolig Loon I have been doing. The multiple tests I've been running is to attach the object from my inventory and adjust to almost-perfection, including the rotation. I set it into the rezzer, and when I rez it, touch the object to attach and the same results. I have two scripts in the object, which is a Pose to play a specific animation and the request permissions to attach. Would it help to paste the scripts here?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.