IanLeigh

Private Island Ownership Questions

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing a full private island (20k prim one) and have a couple of general questions. 

1. Is the monthly tier bundled with my monthly full member payment? 

2. Can I pick where my island is located? I'd like to put it next to a friend's sim if there is room.

2a. If I can, how do I find out/tell SL where I want my Island?

Thank you,

Ian

1 hour ago, IanLeigh said:

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing a full private island (20k prim one) and have a couple of general questions. 

1. Is the monthly tier bundled with my monthly full member payment? 

2. Can I pick where my island is located? I'd like to put it next to a friend's sim if there is room.

2a. If I can, how do I find out/tell SL where I want my Island?

1. a private sim has no tier, but maintenance fee, also a premium membership isn't required. Your premium subscription started the moment you signed up, your maintenance fee will start the month áfter you purchased the sim, unless you bought from another resident, in that case your maintenance fee will be billed on the day it is at the ownership of the one you buy it from, and not included in the first month as if you buy from LL directly.

2a yes. and no not next to your friends sim, unless he also agrees to that. Keep in mind many friendships in SL change often.. you'r as easy at another sim with tp as with region crossing, and will save you the costs and drama if you ever have to move the sim because of a fight.

2b. you have to pick coordinates on the world map when buying( or transfer and move) the sim.