having issues setting up my debit master card

PixieDreamz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

tryin to set up my new debit master card to my sl account, cuz I have rent on my land due in 2 days

and I cant set it up I keep getting erroe and to try it again, not like I can call Linden labs beacause 

I live in Australia, so how do I get my card put on my account, and im NOT using PayPal ??

I keep getting the same thing, I don't know why its doin this 

48c60e10ce992709f41853bfa1bb4735.png

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, PixieDreamz said:

tryin to set up my new debit master card to my sl account, cuz I have rent on my land due in 2 days

and I cant set it up I keep getting erroe and to try it again, not like I can call Linden labs beacause 

I live in Australia, so how do I get my card put on my account, and im NOT using PayPal ??

I keep getting the same thing, I don't know why its doin this 

48c60e10ce992709f41853bfa1bb4735.png

.... debit cards are in genereal not a accepted payment method for SL . Did a card work previously, it's not guaranteed to work after updating or renewing it.
If it doesn't work your only option it to tie it to Skrill or Paypal.
And of course you can call LL, your location doesn't really matter, use Skype to lower costs?

On 2/12/2019 at 12:21 AM, PixieDreamz said:

Only some Australian debit cards work.

Your Australian debit card will need the Visa or Mastercard logo on it. This sort of card won't work:

westpac-handycard-consumer-business-etcollective3.thumb.jpg.efae798f29ac4d1710894cbadef22948.jpg

This sort does work (In Australia)

wbc_pp_p_bank-accounts_transaction_debit-mastercard_card-art_232x146.png.c2473cd6c4a2847e5746ec8262f11f05.png

If it has the mastercard/visa logo your savings account will also need to allow a small grace amount and allow you to make your account go into negative (not all Aussie banks allow this grace amount, some refusing the charge outright if your account went negative - these cards won't work)

From there make sure your country is set correctly and the name matches perfectly. You may also need to talk to the bank to make sure they allow authorisations, their "falcon" team can help you there.

All of that is still hit and miss though, I get the feeling all the Aussies using debit cards are only able to do so due to some weird international banking thing that doesn't work for everyone.

Don't want to use paypal, then use Skrill. You can upload USD into your verified skrill account and pay teir with that. Takes about a week to set Skrill up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.