Buying Linden

Jenzels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I have a fair bit of US dollars in my account.  I've look all around the help sections which say I can use the US dollar account to exchange for Linden.

I type in the amount in the US dollar section, and let the web browser with it's connection to 2nd life exchange that to Lindens.  Everytime I do that I get this message

Due to market fluctuations, your order of L$ xxxxx now costs more than you have paid. The full amount of your payment has been returned to your account balance, which you can use to make future purchases or try your LindeX™ purchase again.

I was hoping the number entered automatically was the current exchange rate, but it appears not.  I tried typing much lower linden amounts and get the same message, it seems to be fixed at 1US/250L. 

Do I need to find a 3rd party to exchange, or do I need to play games like I'll offer X amount of US for Y amount of L....24hrs later, offer refused.  I'll pay x for y...24hrs, offer refused!  Where's the help for this!

Many thanks

8 answers to this question

Phone Billing Support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

You try again. :smileyhappy:

You can Buy L$ Inworld or at your Dashboard for immediate delivery.

I think you are placing an order to buy using the LindeX. I believe Residents can set a Buy price and if the Current Exchange Rate (offer) matches your (ask) the transaction will process.

When purchasing a large volume of L$ a Resident may desire to get the best rate. Or, play the exchange like a market. Place an ask at a little lower than the current if it drops you buy, then hold, then IF it rises, sell.

I'm not a LindeX expert, maybe one will answer.

If I understand correctly what you are saying, is it possible that you are not taking the fees into account.

In the buy box on https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/buy.php? adjust the number of Lindens so that the "Approximate total cost" amount is less than the credit on your account. As that is an approximate figure, allow for a slight difference one way or the other.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.