Seeking answers for Female Avatar

StLoUieYaBisH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , So my girlfriend and I are looking into buying her a New avatar , She is wanting to go with the BENTO Jennifer 2.0 head. Where would you recommend getting the body from? I bought my Belleza Jake Body with a Bento Daniel Head so I didn't know if that's what she should do as well. If she is wanting to roll with the BENTO Jennifer 2.0 Where should we get a Body From. 

Thanks Again Everyone for all the help! 

Not sure which brand the Jennifer head is, but I'd suggest Maitreya as well due to its wide support for clothing. I suggest she gets a demo of the head and the body and try them on together to see whether they'll fit, and find a skin that works for both parts before making any purchases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

My recommendation is Maitreya, though I have no experience with any other,  but there is an amazing  variety of clothes shoes   ect ect available for Maitreya

+1. She must get all the demos of course, and then decide for herself. But go to an event like Collabor 88 or Fameshed, and look at the vendors. 99,99% has a Maitreya version, and then some others. Some have 4-5 other bodies, some has one option for every body made. Others are Maitreya only.

Belleza look nice, and I know some prefer it bc of breast shapes. It's up to her. Some use Slink or Slink hourglass. There are several others like Tonic.

But she might want to buy a dress, and then it's made for Maitreya, but not her body if she buy another brand. If she wants piercings, then it's really hard to find rigged piercings and fun parts for other bodies than Maitreya. Maitreya is the safe buy for the consumer who does not want to search for stuff, just walk into an event and shop.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Not sure which brand the Jennifer head is, but I'd suggest Maitreya as well due to its wide support for clothing. I suggest she gets a demo of the head and the body and try them on together to see whether they'll fit, and find a skin that works for both parts before making any purchases. 

It's GA.EG and it's Omega ready, so she should find makeups for it easy enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Marianne Little said:

It's GA.EG and it's Omega ready, so she should find makeups for it easy enough.

Ah, all right. Well there are some skin makers who make skins for GA.EG, but from personal experience the skins made for GA.EG work poorly with Catwa and likewise the other way around due to the differences in UV layout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ah, all right. Well there are some skin makers who make skins for GA.EG, but from personal experience the skins made for GA.EG work poorly with Catwa and likewise the other way around due to the differences in UV layout.

I don't know about the head layout, I never used GA.EG. But if she will use a head skin from GA.EG, then she can buy Maitreya body appliers in the store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maitreya has the most content support but I'd suggest having here go round some popular events like collabor88, Uber, Fameshed etc The most common bodys you'll find rigs for are Maitreya, Slink Hourglass and Belleza either Freya or Isis can't remember which. Less common are Belleza Venus, Slink Physique, TMP & eBody If you use other bodies you may not find anything with a rig included, this may have an effect on which body you buy. Your problem after that is finding appliers that work for both your chosen head and body

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Maitreya has the most content support but I'd suggest having here go round some popular events like collabor88, Uber, Fameshed etc The most common bodys you'll find rigs for are Maitreya, Slink Hourglass and Belleza either Freya or Isis can't remember which. Less common are Belleza Venus, Slink Physique, TMP & eBody If you use other bodies you may not find anything with a rig included, this may have an effect on which body you buy. Your problem after that is finding appliers that work for both your chosen head and body

Thank you! Yeah she was looking at the Belleza Isis Body last night But thats why i wanted to know others opinions , Because thats where i got my body and head from as a male Avatar . So just trying to figure out everything and get as much knowledge as possible from others experience ya know? Thanks again!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

My recommendation is Maitreya, though I have no experience with any other,  but there is an amazing  variety of clothes shoes   ect ect available for Maitreya

Thanks for youre reply, Yeah She was looking at the Belleza Isis body But ive personally never heard of the Maitreya body , Where would you go to get this and check the demo out at? Also thanks for your reply 

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

OK Thanks for the reply and advice ! Much Much appreciated. Yeah the Bento Jennifer 2.0 head is from the GA.EG store 

1 hour ago, StLoUieYaBisH said:

Thanks for youre reply, Yeah She was looking at the Belleza Isis body But ive personally never heard of the Maitreya body , Where would you go to get this and check the demo out at? Also thanks for your reply 

At the mainstore here, http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya Isle/109/191/23

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, janetosilio said:

If she likes Belleza Isis, why not go with that? It's relatively Maitreya sized and it's pretty well supported. Some creators only make Freya size, which can be a bummer, but it's a nice body. Get the lady what she wants!

Yeah for sure , I just know she likes the Jennifer 2.0 head so I wanted to make sure that that body goes with it . See I did a lot of research on my head and body and it turned out really well and if I'm going to spend money on her avatar as well then i want her to be happy with what She's getting. 

1 hour ago, StLoUieYaBisH said:

Yeah for sure , I just know she likes the Jennifer 2.0 head so I wanted to make sure that that body goes with it . See I did a lot of research on my head and body and it turned out really well and if I'm going to spend money on her avatar as well then i want her to be happy with what She's getting. 

I can not write what "fun parts" are, but there is search terms on the Marketplace, and you must have adult content turned on.

It is under "Avatar Accessories -> Female genitalia". I have no idea if she want some of that, or if you two want some of that, but it is options that is expensive, some cost over 1000 L.

Some of them list that they are developed for all possible versions of bodies:

> TMP
> S Hourglass
> S Physique
> M Lara
> B Freya
> B Isis
> B Venus
> E Curvy
> T Fine

And some of them list:

Highly customizable *Maitreya Only*

Or : "The ... was designed and rigged for the Maitreya mesh avatar. This product most likely won't work on other avatars, but you can always try the Demo. As of June 2018 there is now a Slink version too (see Related Items)."

And also reviews like: " Purchased full product inworld. reviewing here. Fits perfectly (Maitreya), omega appliers work great.. no seams. Thank you! " and "I really like this, i just wish it came in the freya size as well. " for the same product.

So research is great before you start to shop. The Marketplace is also good to go and use search word like "Isis" if she want that and see what she get in return.

GA. EG does not have Belleza body appliers, but they have Omega, so that should work on Belleza bodies too.

10 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

.....The most common bodys you'll find rigs for are Maitreya, Slink Hourglass and Belleza either Freya or Isis can't remember which. .....Your problem after that is finding appliers that work for both your chosen head and body

I replaced Slink Physique with Slink Hourglass for one alt, simply because I could not find what I wanted for the thin Slink body in new events.

2 hours ago, StLoUieYaBisH said:

Yeah for sure , I just know she likes the Jennifer 2.0 head so I wanted to make sure that that body goes with it .

I use the Mia and Barbara heads from GA.EG and im quite pleased with the way it fits to the maitreya body/skins.
Of course the neck seam isnt perfect at all (also depending on your graphic settings and daytime) , but it easy to hide/mask it with a variety of chokers, necklaces, hairstyles.

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't know about the head layout, I never used GA.EG. But if she will use a head skin from GA.EG, then she can buy Maitreya body appliers in the store.

I got the one and only they offer for maitreya, and have to say there are better ones out there.
And if i remember correctly, not even with the GA.EG skin applier for maitreya body the neck seam was really seamless.
That leads me back to my previous advice to "hide" it.

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can not write what "fun parts" are, but there is search terms on the Marketplace, and you must have adult content turned on.

It is under "Avatar Accessories -> Female genitalia". I have no idea if she want some of that, or if you two want some of that, but it is options that is expensive, some cost over 1000 L.

Some of them list that they are developed for all possible versions of bodies:

> TMP
> S Hourglass
> S Physique
> M Lara
> B Freya
> B Isis
> B Venus
> E Curvy
> T Fine

And some of them list:

Highly customizable *Maitreya Only*

Or : "The ... was designed and rigged for the Maitreya mesh avatar. This product most likely won't work on other avatars, but you can always try the Demo. As of June 2018 there is now a Slink version too (see Related Items)."

And also reviews like: " Purchased full product inworld. reviewing here. Fits perfectly (Maitreya), omega appliers work great.. no seams. Thank you! " and "I really like this, i just wish it came in the freya size as well. " for the same product.

So research is great before you start to shop. The Marketplace is also good to go and use search word like "Isis" if she want that and see what she get in return.

GA. EG does not have Belleza body appliers, but they have Omega, so that should work on Belleza bodies too.

Yeah the Money aspect doesn't mean anything . What my baby wants my baby gets so as far as how much Lindens i have to spend that's all good. So thank you and yeah ,well check these out. You have been a super help so thank you very much for your time and effort on helping us out 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I use the Mia and Barbara heads from GA.EG and im quite pleased with the way it fits to the maitreya body/skins.
Of course the neck seam isnt perfect at all (also depending on your graphic settings and daytime) , but it easy to hide/mask it with a variety of chokers, necklaces, hairstyles.

I got the one and only they offer for maitreya, and have to say there are better ones out there.
And if i remember correctly, not even with the GA.EG skin applier for maitreya body the neck seam was really seamless.
That leads me back to my previous advice to "hide" it.

Yeah also i noticed with my Bento daniel head and the Jake belleza Body that the neck seam isn't the best but in other lights you cant see it at all so . I totally get what your saying  and well definitely check it out . Thanks for the advice 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

+1. She must get all the demos of course, and then decide for herself. But go to an event like Collabor 88 or Fameshed, and look at the vendors. 99,99% has a Maitreya version, and then some others. Some have 4-5 other bodies, some has one option for every body made. Others are Maitreya only.

Belleza look nice, and I know some prefer it bc of breast shapes. It's up to her. Some use Slink or Slink hourglass. There are several others like Tonic.

But she might want to buy a dress, and then it's made for Maitreya, but not her body if she buy another brand. If she wants piercings, then it's really hard to find rigged piercings and fun parts for other bodies than Maitreya. Maitreya is the safe buy for the consumer who does not want to search for stuff, just walk into an event and shop.

much much thanks for th advice . Super cool of you all to take time outta your day to help out. Thanks again ! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StLoUieYaBisH said:

Hello , So my girlfriend and I are looking into buying her a New avatar , She is wanting to go with the BENTO Jennifer 2.0 head. Where would you recommend getting the body from? I bought my Belleza Jake Body with a Bento Daniel Head so I didn't know if that's what she should do as well. If she is wanting to roll with the BENTO Jennifer 2.0 Where should we get a Body From. 

Thanks Again Everyone for all the help! 

People are only going to recommend what they have and like.

So here is my recommendation: Every mesh body worth anything whatsoever has a demo. Get every demo and try it. Now here's the hard part: do NOT judge the body on how it looks when first worn. You have to DO IT RITE:

• If you're already set on the head - make a copy of the head and put it into each demo body folder and wear it with that demo.
  • Make a copy of your shape file and put it into each demo body folder wear it with that demo.
  • If you already have a chose skin, prepare to (attempt) to apply it to each demo body when you wear it.
  • As you wear each body - use *YOUR* shape, not the one that came with it. TAKE THE TIME to adjust that shape to get the look as close as you can to what you want - SAVE the shape. Now apply any skins, etc. Do NOT bother with the HUDS during this initial process. Focus on shaping first.

This way you will have the same face for each demo, allowing you to focus on the attributes and capabilities of the body. You will shortly whittle down those demos into a "short list" (try to get it down to no more than two or three).

Now play with the HUDS.

When you have each demo configured closely enough to what you like then TAKE PICTURES: three for each: Front, Side, and 3/4 view.

Post the pictures to a privatized sharing site (JumpShare.com is a good one - create a free account if necessary). Now open each picture side-by-side in different browser tabs then flip between them to help you decide which you like best.

Lots of work, maybe. But in the long run, you will be the happiest with the least "buyer's remorse" or doubts than any other way (and save the most money).

Edit to add: Do not let the "availability" of outfits and accessories be a part of your decision. Maitreya, All three Bellezas, Tonic, even EVE and most others have a ton of outfits and add-ons to make you broke. So don't be concerned with that at all. You'll just have to learn how to find the right stuff, that's all. For example, I use Belleza Venus myself and many creators who used to support all three Belleza have dropped Venus (for whatever silly reason) - it's better for me because though there are fewer choices the chances of finding the really high-quality stuff is a lot easier, too. Just saying.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.