Stephan Gaudio

Sculptie Orientation

Question

Hi,

I bought a sculpt map from marketplace. It is a skull looking in Y direction. Since I want to use it for pathfinding, I need it to look in X direction. Rotating does not work, because once I add a pathfinding script, it will remove the rotation. Can I somehow fix that, for example by rotating the sculptie texture in GIMP maybe?

Edited by Stephan Gaudio

5 answers to this question

Why not simply link your sculpty to a small prim cube, make the cube the root, and orient it with its +X axis pointing the right way?  That's a common workable solution.

• Like 2

Editing a sculpty would be difficult at best and impossible at worst. Sculpties are, in effect, deformed spheres. The coordinate transforms required to rotate the deformation with respect to the sphere can produce rounding errors (X/Y/Z coordinates are all eight bit integers) that make the resulting object unrecognizable. Rolig's answer is, I think, both the best and the easiest solution.

• Like 1

Thank you Rolig:) I actually used a sphere. I just though there may be a better solution, like downloading the sculptie texture and editing it somehow.

Ok, thx guys:) I will wrap a transparent sphere around it then. I think it won't even change the LI, since pathfinding objects always have 15 LI.

Nah, don't wrap the sphere around the skull...people who turn on View Transparent will see it.  Just make an itty bitty prim (sphere or cube or anything) and shove it inside the skull.

• Like 2