Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

This is my avatar. She is wearing the Tonic Sierra Bento head. To me she just does not look "right". I have been working on her for about 2 weeks now and adjust sliders hasn't helped a lot.

I will be using a lot of the suggestions you all have posted and will post an update when I get her looking better. If you have suggestions as to why she does not look "right", I will gladly try them out. I don't even know why she does not look "right" to me at this point.

 

JypsyShadowrose_001.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, KrickettArcher said:

 I don't even know why she does not look "right" to me at this point.

You don't see many SL avatars that looks as good as this!!!

There is always room for improvements of course but I think you shold be quite happy with and proud about what you already have done. I especially like the way you've managed to get a proper chin and still keep the overall shape so smooth.

If I have to look for flaws, the mouth is the first I'd mention. Try to adjust the mouth position a tiny bit up and see if that is better. Maybe you could try with a little bit more upper lip too.

Overall, the mouth is very prominent, especially with such a dark lipstick on such a fair skin. It may be a good idea to play with Lip Fullness and Lip Thickness a bit to tone it down so it doesn't steal all the attention from your beautiful eyes.

The nostril shape doesn't look quite right to me but I think that is the mesh head you use, so there's not much to do with the shape sliders. You can try to widen the upper bridge a bit for balance but you have to be very careful or you end up with a too wide and angular nose.

Eye spacing may be a little bit too wide but not much. Be very careful if you try to tweak it.

Personally I would probably have slanted the inner eye corners down a tiny little bit and also made the cheekbones a little bit more prominent but those things are probably more a matter of taste.

The ears are mostly hidden by the hair of course but try to make them a little bit smaller and maybe position them a bit higher.

Edit: about ears: Does top of ears at eyebrow height, bottom of ears between mouth and nose (in height that is) sound about right?

Edited by ChinRey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now when you say it doesn’t look right, what do you mean? The whole avatar or just the head?

You should also be aware, not every head is created equal. It’s possible the head you have doesn’t have much wiggle room as far as making a different look. 

It can also be the skin. Some skins are so distinctive that you end up looking the same no matter what you do.

Demoing a new skin and head and play with the sliders and see what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

You don't see many SL avatars that looks as good as this!!!

There is always room for improvements of course but I think you shold be quite happy with and proud about what you already have done. I especially like the way you've managed to get a proper chin and still keep the overall shape so smooth.

If I have to look for flaws, the mouth is the first I'd mention. Try to adjust the mouth position a tiny bit up and see if that is better. Maybe you could try with a little bit more upper lip too.

Overall, the mouth is very prominent, especially with such a dark lipstick on such a fair skin. It may be a good idea to play with Lip Fullness and Lip Thickness a bit to tone it down so it doesn't steal all the attention from your beautiful eyes.

The nostril shape doesn't look quite right to me but I think that is the mesh head you use, so there's not much to do with the shape sliders. You can try to widen the upper bridge a bit for balance but you have to be very careful or you end up with a too wide and angular nose.

Eye spacing may be a little bit too wide but not much. Be very careful if you try to tweak it.

Personally I would probably have slanted the inner eye corners down a tiny little bit and also made the cheekbones a little bit more prominent but those things are probably more a matter of taste.

The ears are mostly hidden by the hair of course but try to make them a little bit smaller and maybe position them a bit higher.

Edit: about ears: Does top of ears at eyebrow height, bottom of ears between mouth and nose (in height that is) sound about right?

Thank you so much. The chin, nose and mouth are what have bothered me the most. I will definitely try what you have suggested. I love playing with the avatars. That and learning to build houses. I love the Blog. I have been reading through it from the beginning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Now when you say it doesn’t look right, what do you mean? The whole avatar or just the head?

You should also be aware, not every head is created equal. It’s possible the head you have doesn’t have much wiggle room as far as making a different look. 

It can also be the skin. Some skins are so distinctive that you end up looking the same no matter what you do.

Demoing a new skin and head and play with the sliders and see what happens.

ChinRey, hit on it perfectly. After reading her remarks, I realized that the chin and mouth were what were bothering me the most. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...