Jump to content
AdamZadig

Creative light script for neon signs

Recommended Posts

ive started to build neon light signs. im looking for a creative light script that will:

Script 1

- add color to sign running from one side of the object to the other in a smooth motion
- option for one color or multiple colors in sequence

Script 2
- smooth increase from 0 to 100 transparency and back to 0 on a loop

if anyone has any pointers that would be amazing!

im happy to buy a good script if it comes copy/trans

Edited by AdamZadig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AdamZadig said:

ive started to build neon light signs. im looking for a creative light script that will:

- add color to sign running from one side of the object to the other in a smooth motion
- option for one color or multiple colors in sequence

if anyone has any pointers that would be amazing!

im happy to buy a good script if it comes copy/trans

Use the employment for a scripter page.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AdamZadig said:

Script 1

- add color to sign running from one side of the object to the other in a smooth motion
- option for one color or multiple colors in sequence

This has less to do with scripting and more to do with how you should build the sign (assuming mesh). From a scripting standpoint, all you need is llSetTextureAnim to smoothly slide a texture across the UV surface. For this to work though, you must arrange the UV map for the neon sign so that a texture will cleanly move over the mesh in the way you want (think of the UV map like a "straight road" or path). Then you would just need separate textures with color gradients on them to allow for different colors.

The rest of your post makes it sound a lot like you're looking for someone to write the scripts for you, though. There's a dedicated area for posts like that here.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

This has less to do with scripting and more to do with how you should build the sign (assuming mesh).

From a scripting standpoint, all you need is llSetTextureAnim to smoothly slide a texture across the UV surface. For this to work though, you must arrange the UV map for the neon sign so that a texture will cleanly move over the mesh in the way you want.

 

Thank you so much! thats got me the exact result i was looking for (used a basic smooth scrolling texture script)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...