I want a bra that works

MsHilda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wear a rather bouncy physics layer that looks a bit too over the top when I'm wearing certain outfits. To combat this, I've created a much more subtle Physics layer to represent wearing a bra. but whenever I want to switch them I have to search in my inventory and manually switch them. Is there any way to make a hud button to switch them with one click? or even better, A script that can do it automatically when I add or remove the item it is in?

9 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The best you can do is use RLV commands from a script that will wear/switch your physics layers from your own inventory (not the object's).

OK... how do I do that?

Talk to me like i'm 6... The only Scripting experience I have is tweaking numbers in a particle emitter to change what color the particles are.

The easy way is to post a request in the InWorld Employment forum to hire a scripter to write a custom RLV script for you.  This is a mildly easy script to write, but it is not one for a novice or for a scripter who is unfamiliar with RLV. The scripting should not be horribly expensive, but don't expect  any custom script to be cheap. Then, once you have the script and have installed it in the bra, you will have to use a SL viewer that has a RLV option (the standard viewer does not, but Firestorm does, for example) and you will have to enable it.

• Like 1

Create a folder named !Physics in inventory. Go to inventory settings (the little gear in the toolbar near the bottom) and check "Sort by Name" and uncheck "Sort System Folders to Top".

That should put the new folder at the very top of your inventory window. Drop your physics layers in that folder and they'll be easy to find.

3 hours ago, MsHilda said:

I wear a rather bouncy physics layer that looks a bit too over the top when I'm wearing certain outfits. To combat this, I've created a much more subtle Physics layer to represent wearing a bra. but whenever I want to switch them I have to search in my inventory and manually switch them. Is there any way to make a hud button to switch them with one click? or even better, A script that can do it automatically when I add or remove the item it is in?

You could just have a naked you outfit with the braless physics and then a naked you outfit that is with bra physics and use either as your base when dressing as you would be changing clothes anyway, or if you use the FS viewer you can use the favourite wearables section and just throw it in there, I put everything I need quick and often in that section I love it to pieces. 

3 hours ago, MsHilda said:

Can not say i get the whole idea of breast physics. Thankfully i am not cursed in RL to need a bra that restrains them. Men may like big breasts but very few women with them do.

• Like 1

Firestorm has a "Favorite Wearables" feature. A floater associated with a special inventory folder, and a toolbar button and a menu item that opens the floater. You can drag system clothing items and wearable objects into the floater and then put them on or take them off with a double-click.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_wearable_favorites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.