You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a texture changing HUD and i got it to work on objects that aren't linked together, but when i link them the texture changes everything not that one thing i just want to change. i don't know why it is doing that and what i am doing wrong. the script i'm using is ::jAS:: Texture Change HUD Script

i'm not used to working with scripts so sorry if this seems like a silly problem

https://gyazo.com/116aeead3caadcb847a3812e1f84262b << unlinked

https://gyazo.com/c2f6f4c8559f2eb6f4c495831a61c4d5 << Linked

That's not too surprising. Unless you know exactly how the script was written, you take a big chance by dropping it into a random object. If you want to change the texture on a specific prim in a linkset, you'll have to use a script with llSetLinkTexture (or the llSetLinkPrimitiveParams equivalent) to target a specific face on that specific prim.  If the script has not identified the link correctly, you'll get unpredictable results.  If the script you are using wasn't designed to work in a linkset at all, then it will have used llSetTexture (or the llSetLinkPrimitiveParams equivalent) to change the texture of the prim that it's in.  If you drop that script into a linkset, again, you may get unpredictable results.  The bottom line is that you need to write a texture changing script that is matched to your particular application.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.