Sign in to follow this  
Coby Foden

Genus heads, eyes (v1.2) shininess

In the latest Genus update the heads (both "Classic" and "Baby Face") were updated to version 1.5, and their eyes were updated to version 1.2. The issue with the eyes movement was fixed. So far so good.

But then another thing appeared. These version 1.2 eyes have very strong dynamic shine on them. And the amount of shininess is not adjustable in any way, cannot even turn it off. (Only way to do it is to turn ALM off in the viewer, but who wants to do that because of the eyes only.)

So, now there is one more thing for the developers to fix. Add shininess amount control for the eyes.
(And while doing it add separate shininess control for the lips too, and perhaps also for the eyelids...)

2019-02-09_Genus-eyes_1-2.gif.a00fa9f0c554da198e38c0c59346c9d6.gif

• Like 3

On 2/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, Coby Foden said:

In the latest Genus update the heads (both "Classic" and "Baby Face") were updated to version 1.5, and their eyes were updated to version 1.2. The issue with the eyes movement was fixed. So far so good.

But then another thing appeared. These version 1.2 eyes have very strong dynamic shine on them. And the amount of shininess is not adjustable in any way, cannot even turn it off. (Only way to do it is to turn ALM off in the viewer, but who wants to do that because of the eyes only.)

So, now there is one more thing for the developers to fix. Add shininess amount control for the eyes.
(And while doing it add separate shininess control for the lips too, and perhaps also for the eyelids...)

2019-02-09_Genus-eyes_1-2.gif.a00fa9f0c554da198e38c0c59346c9d6.gif

I must admit to liking the shine!

• Like 1

I use the catwa ones myself with the genus heads..I just like'em too much and the texture place that I use only does their own or catwa..I wish they did omega or genus.

I would send a note card to Rita Vanclief,I believe it is..You can probably get the information from the group..They post the customer service information all the time in there..plus I think it's in the group notices also..

I quite like the shine, too, at least in your gif. Though I'd definitely want an option to turn it off, or a slider for its intensity. 

59 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I quite like the shine, too, at least in your gif. Though I'd definitely want an option to turn it off, or a slider for its intensity. 

The dynamic eye shine (i.e. specularity) is nice to have, but the way it is now it really is too strong to look realistic. Thus adjustment for the intensity would be needed.

There is even one more issue with the eyes. The diffuse texture has painted on highlight on the upper part of the eye. That static painted on highlight does not work well with the dynamic shine. With dynamic eye shine a diffuse eye texture with no painted on highlight would be needed.

(Yeah, I'm very picky...) xD

I don't really like this shininess, in my case it looks like contact lenses. Also I am unable to find 2 perfect shades of green so I can do the same mix of green eyes I have when I wear Lelutka

20190209_047.png

Yea, this was done very poorly. It's extremely peculiar looking. I've been using my Genus head a LOT and this has put me off from it currently.

The new update in general seems to have gone backwards instead of forwards. Disappointing.

Has anyone tried the previous version eyes with the updated head?

I'm just curious if they work well with it.

As i said earlier,i don't use the genus eyes myself.