Genus heads, eyes (v1.2) shininess

Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the latest Genus update the heads (both "Classic" and "Baby Face") were updated to version 1.5, and their eyes were updated to version 1.2. The issue with the eyes movement was fixed. So far so good.

But then another thing appeared. These version 1.2 eyes have very strong dynamic shine on them. And the amount of shininess is not adjustable in any way, cannot even turn it off. (Only way to do it is to turn ALM off in the viewer, but who wants to do that because of the eyes only.)

So, now there is one more thing for the developers to fix. Add shininess amount control for the eyes.
(And while doing it add separate shininess control for the lips too, and perhaps also for the eyelids...)

2019-02-09_Genus-eyes_1-2.gif.a00fa9f0c554da198e38c0c59346c9d6.gif

• Like 4

On 2/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, Coby Foden said:

In the latest Genus update the heads (both "Classic" and "Baby Face") were updated to version 1.5, and their eyes were updated to version 1.2. The issue with the eyes movement was fixed. So far so good.

But then another thing appeared. These version 1.2 eyes have very strong dynamic shine on them. And the amount of shininess is not adjustable in any way, cannot even turn it off. (Only way to do it is to turn ALM off in the viewer, but who wants to do that because of the eyes only.)

So, now there is one more thing for the developers to fix. Add shininess amount control for the eyes.
(And while doing it add separate shininess control for the lips too, and perhaps also for the eyelids...)

2019-02-09_Genus-eyes_1-2.gif.a00fa9f0c554da198e38c0c59346c9d6.gif

I must admit to liking the shine!

• Like 1

I use the catwa ones myself with the genus heads..I just like'em too much and the texture place that I use only does their own or catwa..I wish they did omega or genus.

I would send a note card to Rita Vanclief,I believe it is..You can probably get the information from the group..They post the customer service information all the time in there..plus I think it's in the group notices also..

59 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I quite like the shine, too, at least in your gif. Though I'd definitely want an option to turn it off, or a slider for its intensity. 

The dynamic eye shine (i.e. specularity) is nice to have, but the way it is now it really is too strong to look realistic. Thus adjustment for the intensity would be needed.

There is even one more issue with the eyes. The diffuse texture has painted on highlight on the upper part of the eye. That static painted on highlight does not work well with the dynamic shine. With dynamic eye shine a diffuse eye texture with no painted on highlight would be needed.

(Yeah, I'm very picky...) xD

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 minute ago, PisiTextures said:

I can't remove the sclera.

You can. It's all a matter of clicking the right button. Unless of course the eyes have been borked, which does happen on occasion, in which case you're best off re-unpacking the head, replacing the links with a fresh pair of eye balls and tossing the old ones in the bin.

Oh, and 'the right button' would be the clear layer button with a little drop on it, next to the colour picker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

You can. It's all a matter of clicking the right button. Unless of course the eyes have been borked, which does happen on occasion, in which case you're best off re-unpacking the head, replacing the links with a fresh pair of eye balls and tossing the old ones in the bin.

Oh, and 'the right button' would be the clear layer button with a little drop on it, next to the colour picker.

thank you very much! did not know that.

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Trish Heartsong said:

How do you turn off the shine for the face it's self....I would like just a mat finish....instead of looking like I went to a "Wesson" oil party

Go into your Genus Universal hud, Click on the settings tab on the left of the hud.

Then you want to open up the layer control window if it's not already.. You do that by clicking the double arrow in the upper right corner of the hud >>.. you'll see two sets of the double arrows. >> >>.. you can just click bot open if you like..

Aaaanyways, At the bottom right of the layer control window you'll see a light bulb icon. Click that off.. That's your specular light button..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.