Yesterday evening I lost all my inventory!

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a serious problem with this alt account. I was trying on a dress and Second Life was being balky so I tried it from my home location and it still didn't work. I signed out, and when I signed back in, ALL OF MY INVENTORY IS GONE! I tired using the missing inventory instruction page on the Firestorm Viewer website, deleting my .gz cache and then trying to reload it, but my inventory is all gone except for the default avatar items. Completely wiped clean!

I've never had this happen to me before and I've been using SL for years and years. What do I do now?

I tired loading one or two of the default avatars and it looks as through I still have a full head and body alpha on, even though it's not showing in my inventory. HELP!!!!

Problem.png

Edited by Vanity Fair

10 answers to this question

Investigating - Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, building, chatting, inventory, web services and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time. they are having issues if you log in here it will keep you updated https://status.secondlifegrid.net/# im having same problem alot of people are 

As you probably noticed by looking at the Grid Status report yesterday, there were serious problems with the grid last night.  Many people could not log in, and those who were in world were advised not to rez things because there were inventory issues.  Even after Linden Lab has recovered from one of these Unanticipated Maintenance episodes, it can take a day of two for things to settle down.  Inventory issues usually clear up on their own.  If yours don't, submit a support case.  Be as specific as possible about what's missing and where/when you have tried rezzing or wearing it.

Im having a similar if not the same issue.  I crashed this morning and couldnt get back in, Now that I am back in I seem to have lost all of my inventory and all saved outfits, Stuck as a orange cloud and becoming more frustrated as the day goes on.  I submitted a ticket but still havnt heard anything back yet. In a strange way I am a little relieved to see I am not the only person dealing with this.  Please help.  Im so lost here

Just be patient.  The way these things go, the Dev team has their hands full solving the grid issues, so it will be a while before things get back to 100% normal. Not only that, but it's the weekend, so the group handling support cases is only going to be focusing on issues that have the highest priority.  Things will work out.  Meanwhile, go take a walk, play with the dog, call your mother, do some laundry, read a book, ........😊

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.