JoeDex

What is the best Profile you have ever read?

ChinRey, if you ever leave SL, you could make your final statement:

"Currently optimizing in another dimension"     :)

53 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

ChinRey, if you ever leave SL, you could make your final statement:

"Currently optimizing in another dimension"     :)

;)

What it will actually say if I leave is "This profile is currently unavailable".

I'm a premium member and a landowner. I'm not going to bother downgrading my membership or pay the last month of tier if/when I leave. That'll be my final little bit of petty revenge for all the pain and frustration LL has caused me over the years.

But enough of that. Let's see some cool profiles here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Be careful there. LL will auto-renew your premium account so, unless you've taken steps to prevent that happening, they'll take the money if you haven't downgraded.

• Like 2

I don't have any universally amazing or funny profiles at hand, but I once came across a profile of someone that fit so perfectly, was so relatebale...that I wanted to be friends with that person from just her profile (you could call it a profile soulmate!).

• Like 2

I've come across some real crackers, but I don't think I loved them for the intended reasons. They were sublime, but very inadvertently so.

20 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I don't have any universally amazing or funny profiles at hand, but I once came across a profile of someone that fit so perfectly, was so relatebale...that I wanted to be friends with that person from just her profile (you could call it a profile soulmate!).

I'm the same way, when what they say in their profile mirrors your own feelings.  And if they have a cute picture, it's like love at first reading.

Of course then you meet and that pretty face has no gone, obliterated under a mesh head.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

And if they have a cute picture, it's like love at first reading.

Of course then you meet and that pretty face has no gone, obliterated under a mesh head.

O...kay? That sounds really specific. Most people who care about their profile would update their profile picture every once in a while, especially after a bigger change.

• Like 1

I've read a few profiles of people and thought 'Wow, this person is very thoughtful, unique, witty...I'd love to talk to them!'  Then, more often than not, after a few minutes of conversation, I end up wondering who the hell wrote their profile for them.  Thankfully, this isn't common.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I've read a few profiles of people and thought 'Wow, this person is very thoughtful, unique, witty...I'd love to talk to them!'  Then, more often than not, after a few minutes of conversation, I end up wondering who the hell wrote their profile for them.  Thankfully, this isn't common.

I've had this happen as well. It's not unlike how I can appear more intelligent in the forums, where I have ample time to compose a post. It's harder to fake wisdom in real-time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've had this happen as well. It's not unlike how I can appear more intelligent in the forums, where I have ample time to compose a post. It's harder to fake wisdom in real-time.

Yes, that's likely a large part of it.  As an example, those two lines I wrote took a good 10 minutes to compose, not including the amount of time spent letting it "cook" and backspacing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

Two lines I wrote took a good 10 minutes to compose, not including the amount of time spent letting it "cook" and backspacing.

That's a masterful bit of expectation management there, Charlotte!

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's a masterful bit of expectation management there, Charlotte!

I'm still learning that just because it makes sense to me, doesn't mean it makes sense to anyone else :D

8 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I'm still learning that just because it makes sense to me, doesn't mean it makes sense to anyone else :D

uhhuh.gif.87f1d5598597f686550b87186b338804.gif

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Same for me, but don't let that stop you!

uhhuh.gif.87f1d5598597f686550b87186b338804.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

O...kay? That sounds really specific. Most people who care about their profile would update their profile picture every once in a while, especially after a bigger change.

You'd be surprised at the number of people that got a mesh head but kept their system face as their profile picture.

Perhaps it was a particularly attractive pose, or one done by a good friend.

My hair has been continuously platinum blond for over a year now, but I just like the pic with my red hair too much to replace it.