A New Game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

scarecrow expert  >>> scarer scholar

Actually, a scarecrow expert is a raven maven   🙃  Or what Ivanova said  ^^  😊

Hehe ..... Didn't come >>>  played daid.  (OK, it's a stretch.  You have to think like a possum.)

Elon's tooth >>> ???  ( Ivanova beat me while I was editing.)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

The problem I see with this game is that we never find out what the person who posed a word pair really had in mind.  Any answer moves ahead to the next word pair, whether it was "right" or not, so we don't get several people guessing.  I'd love to know if fishin' ammunition was what @Ivanova Shostakovich had in mind for mullet bullet, for example.  I can tell you that my word pair for royal enchantment was supposed to be rex hex, although Imperial Ethereal was a very clever answer.  Anyway. I guess I really don't care whether the point of the game is to actually get the "right" answer, because there's creativity all around. I just wish there was a way to find out what it was intended to be -- just to satisfy curiosity.  😊

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah I'd like to know, if they did have anything in mind. Usually I don't though.

Really?  How do you propose a pair for other people to guess unless you were thinking of a solution?

Words just float into consciousness. I have censored that at times though, thinking it might be too hard or not workable, yet without knowing the reason why it might be too hard or not workable. If I investigated why I might come up with an answer though.

* It is interesting to me though, how much easier it is to come up with an answer If I create the first pair. I was doing that in the beginning as I was unclear about the game rules due to only skimming the thread.

Edited by Luna Bliss

50 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'd love to know if fishin' ammunition was what @Ivanova Shostakovich had in mind for mullet bullet

46 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah I'd like to know, if they did have anything in mind. Usually I don't though.

28 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Really?  How do you propose a pair for other people to guess unless you were thinking of a solution?

I can support this sentiment. I have a solution in mind when I present a prompt. Personally, I really enjoy that spark that blooms in my mind when I believe I've found what someone might have had in mind when they posted theirs.

mullet bullet >>> hairstyle projectile (the prompt doesn't have to rhyme, but no one said it couldn't)

strife camelid >>> (don't throw anything at me) drama llama

And there you have it, from my mind to yours.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

mullet bullet >>> hairstyle projectile (the prompt doesn't have to rhyme, but no one said it couldn't)

strife camelid >>> (don't throw anything at me) drama llama

And there you have it, from my mind to yours.

Ooooo!  I love those.  Definitely cool.  Maybe after a decent period (or maybe after someone posts any answer), we should start posting out own intended solutions.  Those are great.  🙂

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.