i can't login anymore

Silly Snook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Silly Snook said:

I can 't log in anymore. My last login was a few minutes before without any problems. There is also no error message. I try it with Firestorm and SL Viewer, but both didn't work :( 

The whole grid is having issues.  watch the grid status.  We suspect there will soon be a log ins disabled status for unscheduled maintenance. 

When we can't log into the SL Grid but can log into the forum, we know our account is OK and all the hardware between us and the SL servers is working.

That leaves two other areas to check. Our login credentials and grid/region status. I suspect most of us have the viewer remember our log in info, so generally that is eliminated. But, the viewer may have broken or messed up credentials in a crash. So, I try a second viewer I keep installed just for that reason. I do NOT re-enter my credentials. I trust the viewer to remember them from when I successfully logged in. I also have a couple of Alt's. It is easy to switch to one of those and try to log in. 

That leaves the problem of whether a specific region is down or the whole grid. I have my viewer set to show me my favorite LM's at log in. So, I have a number of regions I can try. I also remember some region names, Morris, Denby, Furball... That makes it easy to try other regions. By the third fail I am pretty much convinced it is the grid. Then it is a matter of waiting for it to be fixed.

The Grid Status page may take some time to register the problem. I'm not sure if the status reporting is automated and if it is, how good the problem detection is. I do know it can take some time to report an outage.

These days not being able to log in is rare.

Unsure if it helps, but giving it a shot for those with similar problems! 🙂

A friend of mine has an unpaid balance to SL. Like the whole RL money transaction to SL L$.

So, check out your Second-life Web page just to make sure your payment info is all up to date on your account if that's the reason. Best of luck! 🙂 

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.