Traffic, search tool, use and abuse of BOTs

BloodSlaughter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ah, the good ol' days :D

It takes me back to the time when a guy decided to open a low prim furniture store in direct competition with me AND using my well-established and very succssful store's name - PrimSavers. It was at a time when influencing the search rankings was very easy if you knew how to do it. So I took steps to keep his store down in the rankings. I did it by promoting my own store and a few departments of my store, and also by promoting other people's stores without their knowledge. I pretty much controlled the top 10 results, and his store never got up there. His store didn't last long inworld, and he resorted to selling only from the marketplace. He didn't last long there either.

Ah, the good ol' days :D

And this is exactly why I'm so glad that camping does no good these days and search is basically broken. It was way too easily gamed back then!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 9:46 PM, BloodSlaughter said:

Oh crap, i think i forgot to pay an expensive premium account to receive such answer.

For your information, this is a user forum. You will only get replies from users, not Linden Lab officials. They only slightly moderate content, thats about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shudo said:

Don't pay much too much heed to traffic Blood. Guests might go to that high ranking venue one time, but they will see it's effectively empty and not go back.

If your venue/shop is halfway decent it will pick up people.

Whatever you do, don't start blaming your low traffic on bots, instead look closer to home and find out why people are not staying with you. Put all this effort into improving your own ranking, rather then trying to knock people higher then you down.

Do you understadn english? then re-read my post.

Iam there to highlight an unfair matter of fact; those TOS are not mine, its linden lab's one, and they are not enforcing them, and also do selective enforcement.

Where did i write that i had a failing traffic "buisness"??? NOWHERE, this come striaght out your mind, and this is a wrong statement.

I actually dont own any buisness traffic related in SL, i dont own any buisness, sometimes iam planning about coming back, tho, regarding many parameters (and the one from post #1 is one of those) i dont want to come back ANY SECOND, until those parameters are fiXed or Linden Lab management is fixed.

Actually i dont have any buisness inworld. I owned a 4000+ members community in past within SL, and it was successful, i never had traffic problems (going as high as 40k traffic regularly, TRUE traffic), i stopped investing time and money in SL in 2015, for many reasons - all linden lab related, i wont come back until those reasons are fixed.

You guys from support want to play selective enforcement and selective TOS application, you are losing 4000+ people coming back in SL , simple as that. You lose one customer you lose 4k+ community. Simple.

THis is a company, you should accept customers feedback, and should not give us arrogant answers , this is simple as that. Iam just asking that you are applying your own TOS , this is incredible, do you think that my feedback is "unreal"? I dont think so, it is  unreal if we consider that you are incompetent or want to do selective buisness until the end of SL (which comes faster that you think , such behavior wil lead you nowhere.)

Edited by BloodSlaughter
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BloodSlaughter said:

You guys from support want to play selective enforcement and selective TOS application, you are losing 4000+ people coming back in SL , simple as that. You lose one customer you lose 4k+ community. Simple.

Nobody reading your post is from “support”. We are all residents like you.

Did it occur to you that this “selective enforcement of ToS” is really just because some things get reported by users, and some things do not get reported? 

Also, many people post in this forum about successful appeals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did it occur to you that this “selective enforcement of ToS” is really just because some things get reported by users, and some things do not get reported? 

I have the distinct feeling that this one doesn't care about pesky things like facts or reality and just wants to vent their spleen, railing against their particular perceived slights while seeking blind agreement - kind of similar to another user who recently created a thread on a topic that had been discussed to death prior, just because it was their pet cause.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

As said in post #1 i did everything. Even contacting inworld employees, and receiving their answeers.

Dont forget that iam blaming the private estate owners that are themselves abusing of bots/alts in mass and i receive from Linden Lab employees answers like "we cant do anything they manage their estate"

But the search result ISNT fixed then,

to resume the search result arent anymore watched and the private estates (full sim owners) are totally unpunished  when they do abuse with massive alts/bots

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I have the distinct feeling that this one doesn't care about pesky things like facts or reality and just wants to vent their spleen, railing against their particular perceived slights while seeking blind agreement - kind of similar to another user who recently created a thread on a topic that had been discussed to death prior, just because it was their pet cause.

You wrote it: "you have a feeling."

Then let me tell you something, do yourself an investigation and then come back with facts as iam doing.

Thanks.

Having opinion is pointless, do your own investigation and give me facts.

Edited by BloodSlaughter
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BloodSlaughter said:

As said in post #1 i did everything. Even contacting inworld employees, and receiving their answeers.

Dont forget that iam blaming the private estate owners that are themselves abusing of bots/alts in mass and i receive from Linden Lab employees answers like "we cant do anything they manage their estate"

But the search result ISNT fixed then,

to resume the search result arent anymore watched and the private estates (full sim owners) are totally unpunished  when they do abuse with massive alts/bots

If you are abuse reporting a bunch of of other users for this, maybe LL sees your pattern of AR and decided to ignore your reports. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you are abuse reporting a bunch of of other users for this, maybe LL sees your pattern of AR and decided to ignore your reports. 

I did 2 reports on a sim, then talked to ****** Linden (i wont give the name ) about this matter so i got ful knowledge about the actual system, again, read post #1 everything is inside, this is linden lab confirmed since the Linden employee gave me this answer about private estate owners: "private estate owners manage their estate"

The fail again comes from LL that is not enforcing search results

Edited by BloodSlaughter
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Your complaint about the search results is that they are not based on traffic, and you believe they should be. I'll put this is simply as I possible can... you are wrong. The web search results should not be based on traffic numbers, so search isn't broken as far as you are concerned. I hope that's satisfactory for you.

I regret having spent so much time writing the reply that I did to you. I thought yours was a genuine enquiry at the time, but it wasn't. I think it's too late for me to remove my reply but I will if I can.

You wrote earlier that you understood my point since 90% of the users are using firestorm legacy search tool and get results based on traffic

sorry but iam lost about your post, then

RESULTS ARE TRAFFIC BASED SINCE MOST OF THE PEOPLE USE FIRESTORM SEARCH

Edited by BloodSlaughter
  • Haha 1

See, unlike you I actually pay attention to what others post and do my own digging.

The information regarding Estate Owners handling some Abuse Reports concerning their Estates is common enough knowledge. As is any and all information regarding Search.

It is not new, it is not a revelation and it is not anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be - period.

Again, you're not looking for anything more than blind agreement and "sympathy" - at all. Your responses make this abundantly clear as well.

Have fun making a mountain out of a mole hill.

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

See, unlike you I actually pay attention to what others post and do my own digging.

The information regarding Estate Owners handling some Abuse Reports concerning their Estates is common enough knowledge. As is any and all information regarding Search.

It is not new, it is not a revelation and it is not anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be - period.

Again, you're not looking for anything more than blind agreement and "sympathy" - at all. Your responses make this abundantly clear as well.

Have fun making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Again agressive behavior. Do as you wish dude. Dig all you want. I also dig about you and see that you are constantly flaming any negative review on this forum. Also you misunderstood post #1 since iam mentionning the estates that are also the abusers

Are you the support undercover?

The support , by allowing unconstructive, and aggressive behavior from people like you is doing great mistake.

When i see this kind of attack from you i can only consider that SL deserves to fail. Not going to come back after reading such attacks

And you , what are you looking for? Others admiration? or just flaming any negative report/review.

Thats incredible.

Edited by BloodSlaughter
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BloodSlaughter said:

I did 2 reports on a sim, then talked to ****** Linden (i wont give the name ) about this matter so i got ful knowledge about the actual system, again, read post #1 everything is inside, this is linden lab confirmed since the Linden employee gave me this answer about private estate owners: "private estate owners manage their estate"

The fail again comes from LL that is not enforcing search results

It sounds as if private estate owners can’t be reported for traffic manipulation. That makes sense, they pay $$$$.

And there's the trifecta ...

Tilt at windmills all you'd like, accuse those who don't agree with you of being in on it or "aggressive" or anything else that suits your fancy - it's not going to change anything and will eventually cause others to come to the same conclusion. Nothing at all has been "misunderstood" - you just don't like the answers/responses.

As for me?

I've said all I'm going to say on the topic - have a nice existence.

Edited by Solar Legion

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

And there's the trifecta ...

Tilt at windmills all you'd like, accuse those who don't agree with you of being in on it or "aggressive" or anything else that suits your fancy - it's not going to change anything and will eventually cause others to come to the same conclusion.

As for me?

I've said all I'm going to say on the topic - have a nice existence.

Ty i got a great existence, in this thing called first life you know.

About the "it's not going to change anything", i wouldnt be so sure, i regularly read the list of the LL employees and i saw many changes, so i guess that they are constantly under change,  especially since SANSAR *failed* and they have to focus back on SL.

Its not like experienced creators and customers warned LL also about Sansar.

Changes? Of course there will be change,

One day people will be tired to visit places filled with afk alts/bots everywhere and they will log less and less,

See, thats exactly what is currently happening those past years.

Edited by BloodSlaughter
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.