Items and such not loading and gone :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So my whole inventory and such is all gone and I keep getting this message. Thank SL for the lovely unscheduled maintenance.

I've never in my life had this happen to me and I'm kinda freaked out...

What I get when I log in.

My inventory

Edit: I have open a ticket.. with as much info as I can. I do know everything was fine same time yesterday as I had to pay my rent box..

Edited by XxAshleyMoon

Hello AshleyMoon!

I too suffer from this issue, and it occured for me roughly an hour before it happened to you.

I used to have around 10000 items, and I am now down to 4300.

I have made certain that it is not a cache issue; the items (and all saved outfits) are missing completely from my inventory.

I have opened a support ticket in relation to this.

I have also been having this same exact issue for almost a whole day with no one doing anything to fix it.  I get the "You cannot remove protected categories" error when I log in. My inventory is completely gone!  I am a cloud. I cannot accept any items people give to me because they just disappear!  And it is funny how Linden Labs removed their maintenance status completely from their blog. . . . It is really freaky. I have never had my entire inventory just disappear like this. I also put in a ticket for this and pray I get my inventory restored.

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Did you all open tickets and report it because according to the grid status they have fixed it hours ago.  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/gz1b0z88mkj0

Yes, Cindy. I have an open support ticket where I describe what happened, what I was doing, when it happened, and that all my items are gone (my character is not even an orange cloud, just nothing rendered, 0 character complexity).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sugarfairy88 said:

I have also been having this same exact issue for almost a whole day with no one doing anything to fix it.  I get the "You cannot remove protected categories" error when I log in. My inventory is completely gone!  I am a cloud. I cannot accept any items people give to me because they just disappear!  And it is funny how Linden Labs removed their maintenance status completely from their blog. . . . It is really freaky. I have never had my entire inventory just disappear like this. I also put in a ticket for this and pray I get my inventory restored.

I'm having this exact same issue.

[01:00] Second Life: You cannot remove protected categories.

45,000 down to 7,313.

Ticket was opened

Edited by PoisonFoxy

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Did you all open tickets and report it because according to the grid status they have fixed it hours ago.  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/gz1b0z88mkj0

I am noticing all those reporting this problem are relatively new to the forum... newer accounts? Perhaps it was the result of this "unscheduled maintenance" that actually caused the issue for these people?

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I am noticing all those reporting this problem are relatively new to the forum... newer accounts? Perhaps it was the result of this "unscheduled maintenance" that actually caused the issue for these people?

It's still happening.  I just instantly crashed sending a group chat and now back looking very NSFW in a missing skybox with floating furniture.  Been years since that happened to me. Expect more unscheduled maintenance soon 🤞

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

It's still happening.  I just instantly crashed sending a group chat and now back looking very NSFW in a missing skybox with floating furniture.  Been years since that happened to me. Expect more unscheduled maintenance soon 🤞

I haven't logged in yet, now I'm thinking not to Hahaha. Maybe I'll try with an alt that I don't care about so much with. Thanks for THAT heads-up!  :)

Live chat support has resolved the issue for me. My inventory and outfits seem to be intact again by the service representative 'running a script' and making me log in on the normal viewer.

He said that they are working on a solution to affect all players, as large amounts of players are experiencing problems.

Hopefully all of you get help soon too!

• Lindens

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the recent bumpiness.  We have some blog posts up about this issue and are taking the issue extremely seriously.   If you find that you are missing inventory, please make sure you submit a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Our teams are working diligently to get this resolved as quickly as possible for everyone.  Keep an eye on the blog for updates too:  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It may say we're new because we don't come to the forms often

2 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the recent bumpiness.  We have some blog posts up about this issue and are taking the issue extremely seriously.   If you find that you are missing inventory, please make sure you submit a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Our teams are working diligently to get this resolved as quickly as possible for everyone.  Keep an eye on the blog for updates too:  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Thank you for the information. Shall be keeping and eye on it.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, Alyona Su said:

I've been in sl for over 8 years now. It's not a noob issue. I'm missing around 10,000 items. All one folder. It took the links for those items from other folders too.  For me, it happened early, early, Monday morning.  I cleared cache, relogged in sl viewer... etc.  Nothing.  I was doing nothing with the folder.  Just chilling.  And I just happened to notice it was gone.  But there was some major lag going on.

Edited by Riannah Avora

I'm also experiencing the same issue...orange cloud, missing inventory same message "you cannot remove protected categories". What does this mean anyway? I wasnt even online when it happened. I got on tuesday night and all my stuff was gone..Ive filed a support ticket. Hopefully they get to it soon..I'm pretty new and this has me freaked out

• 1 month later...

missing inventory same message "you cannot remove protected categories". Avatar will not render. All of my stuff is just gone. I wrote a ticket Wednesday, the day it happened to my account and I still have yet to get any help with my account and it’s still all missing. 😡  11 years sl account.

10 hours ago, Misery Sella said:

missing inventory same message "you cannot remove protected categories". Avatar will not render. All of my stuff is just gone. I wrote a ticket Wednesday, the day it happened to my account and I still have yet to get any help with my account and it’s still all missing. 😡  11 years sl account.

If you see a notification in the viewer when you login that says "You cannot remove protected categories" you need to contact Linden Lab support to get your inventory fixed. Best I know, there is no way to fix that otherwise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.