Setting up a Teleport switch

Tawnea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a teleport switch at the SL marketplace. Seemed an easy enough setup, place switch on wall, landmark where you want it to go (loft in my home) then add that landmark to contents of switch. Okay simple and done, problem is instead of setting me down upstairs it places me in the room below it. 

I can stand on the floor in the loft but cannot seem to teleport to it. 
Note: I am the one who remodeled and put in the loft, I built the floor and am quite the novice, although I can stand on it, any ideas what I can do so that I can actually teleport to it rather than dropping in the room below as if the floor is phantom, when it is not? Thank you to anyone who can help. :)

Edited by Tawnea

Aim a little higher.  If your TP target is a little too low, the script may try to place you in the floor, in which case, physics may push you into the space below it.

Or, use a better teleport unit.  There's no need to use a landmark for moving from one spot to another within the same region.  Teleporters with landmarks are really best used for moving between regions.  A simple free "sit teleport" script will do the job locally.

Because I knew you'd ask, here's a dirt simple sit teleporter.  No frills, no special anims, sounds, or particle effects .............

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSitTarget( < 0.0,0.0,0.5>,ZERO_ROTATION );
    }

changed (integer change)
    {
        vector vHere;
        if (change & CHANGED_LINK)
        {
            key kAv = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if ( kAv != NULL_KEY )
            {
                vHere = llGetPos();
                vector vThere = (vector)llGetObjectDesc();
                llSetRegionPos( vThere );
                llUnSit( kAv );
            }
            else
            {
                llSetRegionPos( vHere );
            }
        }
    }
}

Just drop the script into a prim that you want to use as your teleporter, and add the target position to the object's Description field ( in the standard form < x, y, z> ).  Sit on it to TP.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nuice! I loved that trick since llTeleportAgent is always dropping me to the starting position, even in a sandbox.
How do i avoid the prim to go to my "lost and found" folder once finished?

Ohh and btw Rolig
 I dont really know what kind of sorcery this is but

On 2/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, Rolig Loon said:

should be llSetRegionPos( vThere );

5 hours ago, Melkanea said:

Rolig WTH is that!
how did you??? but the kerning???
Wuuuuuuut? 
i have written more letters on a keyboard than with hand and i have never ever seen that happen
how is that even possible?

Do you mean @Rolig Loon 's use of the Courier font? I believe that is standard practice to use that font when displaying computer-code-jargon on web pages. Funny thing is, as a graphic designer in RL, Courier is and always has been one of my *favorite* fonts. And that would be Courier, not Courier New.

• Haha 1

Ooops.   This is one of the perils of posting a script without proofreading carefully.  I should have written:

vector vHere;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSitTarget( < 0.0,0.0,0.5>,ZERO_ROTATION );
    }

changed (integer change)
    {
        if (change & CHANGED_LINK)
        {
            key kAv = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if ( kAv != NULL_KEY )
            {
                vHere = llGetPos();
                vector vThere = (vector)llGetObjectDesc();
                llUnSit( kAv );
            }
            else
            {
                llSetRegionPos( vHere );
            }
        }
    }
}

So, the script almost worked but not quite.  It was returning the seat to the region corner after it teleported you.  I wonder why nobody caught that after almost two months?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Do you mean @Rolig Loon 's use of the Courier font? I believe that is standard practice to use that font when displaying computer-code-jargon on web pages. Funny thing is, as a graphic designer in RL, Courier is and always has been one of my *favorite* fonts. And that would be Courier, not Courier New.

Not what i meant. Its not the font, you will see the difference only if you copy/paste both functions. Please try.

52 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I wonder why nobody caught that after almost two months?

I noticed, after some trial and error. chuckle

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

What are you comparing?  I see nothing unusual here.

I know they look identical but they are not. Please believe me and copy/paste them in SL

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

OK......

7abe7498262daddfa04a376fadc2bb3a.png

The top one is the line copy/pasted from my posted script.  The bottom one is copy/pasted from the text in your message.  I dropped them both into the script editor. Now what?

OHH i see, well then its just me. ill add what i get.
This is probably the wrong place to post this but for conversations sake
Every single time i copy/paste your initial script i get the same syntax issue. I get an extra keystroke. i get 15 letters ina 14 letter word. I might have found a bug, a really annoying one i must say, this script was short but if it persist then copy/paste from the forum is a problem since i wont see the mistake right away. 

I seriously thought you where just having fun or something @Rolig Loon

kerning.png

2 minutes ago, Melkanea said:

I seriously thought you where just having fun or something @Rolig Loon

I always have fun, but I wasn't needling you, honest.  😉

I still don't see a visible difference between your line and mine.  There must be one, though, because your LSL editor has highlighted yours but not mine.  I wonder where there's an extra keystroke?  When I did my test earlier, all I did was to copy that line directly from the forum posts here with CTRL + C -- first grabbing the line from my posted script and then using the line from your forum post.  I pasted both into a virgin script in the in-world LSL editor with CTRL + V and it accepted them both, as I showed in the Gyazo shot that I posted last time.  So, we are doing something differently, or maybe the forum software is being wonky.  Anyway, yes, this is not really the right place to carry on this discussion, but I can't think of a much better place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The standard LL viewer.

breaking char for a sec.

its me and only me.
Im in IT, Irrelevant of inside or outside of SL. I have an extra keystroke, and i have cornered the culprit. Its my Chrome. i reactivated my MS Edge and the copy/pasta works normally.
One of my Addons is altering the website while im seeing it. Mixed emotions right now. For one i have a real issue and for the other im happy you helped me discover it.
Thank you @Rolig Loon for entertaining my issue.

Im just glad i have a ROG machine, bish flys <3 giggle

Well the fix was>
Remove any add on i dont really use all the time.
Clear browsing data. 
Uninstall Chrome.
Run the Win Hard Drive cleaner.
Reboot
Reinstall chrome

The bug is gone now.

Not the same, but similar to your issue @Melkanea I have seen, on occasion, when I copy code from the forum and paste into LSL Editor that some of the words change to a different font, and the line acts weird (hard to explain) in the editor .. and definitely won't compile. Only way to clean it up has been delete and re-write. I'm using Firstorm & FireFox (on Win10). Next time it happens will try to investigate more, for curiosities sake.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:28 AM, Wandering Soulstar said:

I'm using Firstorm & FireFox (on Win10). 

Also using Firestorm and Win 10. Maybe its connected. I believe its an add-on that causes it. Are you using AddBlockerPlus?

Edited by Melkanea

On 3/22/2019 at 2:28 AM, Wandering Soulstar said:

Not the same, but similar to your issue @Melkanea I have seen, on occasion, when I copy code from the forum and paste into LSL Editor that some of the words change to a different font, and the line acts weird (hard to explain) in the editor .. and definitely won't compile. Only way to clean it up has been delete and re-write. I'm using Firstorm & FireFox (on Win10). Next time it happens will try to investigate more, for curiosities sake.

Try pasting to Notepad first, then copy/paste to editor. This can drop all the “invalid” characters. 

44 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Try pasting to Notepad first, then copy/paste to editor. This can drop all the “invalid” characters. 

won't work with notepad++ i tried that.
Someone should move this to the bugs section 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.