BilliJo Aldrin

How about a new sub forum in "People"?

12 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Is there a record for Longest Flounce from a Forum? I think Phil's after it :D

Ooooh, something to shoot for.

ETA: I won't start until Phil's done, I hate goals in general, and moving ones in particular.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
I clearly type far faster than I think.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I keep waiting for him to say it's his last day or something so I can use this:

flunce.jpg.0665dbb4668aa50061f5e856e63d5a0c.jpg

i can't agree. A really award-winning flounce is sort of awe-inspiring and possessed of a certain kind of dramatic flair and elegance.

Phil's just has me drumming my fingers on the desk. Waiting. And waiting.

Although I would like to see him in that dress.

(Although, I'll actually miss Phil. He's been a consistent presence on the forums for my entire time here. He's a fixture, sort of like that weird background buzzing you sometimes get in your ears.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ooooh, something to shoot for. I like a li'l competition.

OK, I'll start keeping the book. Let's say 7-3 odds Maddy takes over 12 months to leave the forums. Who wants in?

:D

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(Although, I'll actually miss Phil. He's been a consistent presence on the forums for my entire time here. He's a fixture, sort of like that weird background buzzing you sometimes get in your ears.)

Damn you. Now my ears are ringing.

• Like 2

Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

OK, I'll start keeping the book. Let's say 7-3 odds Maddy takes over 12 months to leave the forums. Who wants in?

Maddy's been flouncing since the day she first posted.

Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Pffft. Maddy isn't gonna flounce. She might leave but she isn't a flouncer.

Well. Ok. If she sets SL and the forums on fire and then leaves, she flounced.

10 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Maddy won't leave.

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You're good at this.

/me surreptitiously offers Maddy a year's worth of root beer if she flounces that long

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Why, oh why is everybody ganging up on meeeeeeeeee?!

...sniffles.

You love every minute of it. 

Let's get this straight. I said at the very start, some time ago, that I'll be quitting SL when my second avatar's annual premium is up, which is in March. The 18th of March to be precise. In other words, I'm not due to quit yet, so this is not a long goodbye. I don't bring it up, or draw it out. I'll quit when I'm due to quit, and not a day sooner :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Let's get this straight. I said at the very start, some time ago, that I'll be quitting SL when my second avatar's annual premium is up, which is in March. The 18th of March to be precise. In other words, I'm not due to quit yet, so this is not a long goodbye. I don't bring it up, or draw it out. I'll quit when I'm due to quit, and not a day sooner :)

Internet usage is that a flounce is a drama-laden exit. Leaving on a certain date for a stated reason isn't a flounce. Talking about it repeatedly is. Regardless of who starts it, you have been doing that.

In making your announcement very early and very publicly, you've given those who know how to bait you yet more ammunition. It's hardly a surprise that they use it, or that you take the bait. This guarantees the addition of drama to the months before your departure.

I'm not going to get into another back and forth with you. This is how some of us see it. I made a light-hearted joke and it got some traction because there's a ring of truth in it. It feels like a long, drawn-out flounce.

(When I posted my wee joke though, I didn't realise there were several pages of you and Luna going at it and by the time I'd read enough to grasp what had happened, the notification dings were already coming in and since it had been quoted I couldn't edit it out. Fortunately Maddy's quip sent it off in a new direction, and that's often the best way to derail an argument. The thread needed such a diversion at the time. Maddy's good that way.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Internet usage is that a flounce is a drama-laden exit. Leaving on a certain date for a stated reason isn't a flounce. Talking about it repeatedly is. Regardless of who starts it, you have been doing that.

In making your announcement very early and very publicly, you've given those who know how to bait you yet more ammunition. It's hardly a surprise that they use it, or that you take the bait. This guarantees the addition of drama to the months before your departure.

I'm not going to get into another back and forth with you. This is how some of us see it. I made a light-hearted joke and it got some traction because there's a ring of truth in it. It feels like a long, drawn-out flounce.

(When I posted my wee joke though, I didn't realise there were several pages of you and Luna going at it and by the time I'd read enough to grasp what had happened, the notification dings were already coming in and since it had been quoted I couldn't edit it out. Fortunately Maddy's quip sent it off in a new direction, and that's often the best way to derail an argument. The thread needed such a diversion at the time. Maddy's good that way.)

I will miss arguing with Phil, “poking the bear” so to speak.

12 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
12 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Is there a record for Longest Flounce from a Forum? I think Phil's after it :D

Ooooh, something to shoot for.

ETA: I won't start until Phil's done, I hate goals in general, and moving ones in particular.

Edited 11 hours ago by Madelaine McMasters
I clearly type far faster than I think.

I suspect something like, “I will leave the day after the forum shuts down”. 

26 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I'd never heard the 'flounce' until it was mentioned here. You can call it what you like. I don't bring it up, but I'm happy enough to talk about it when someone else brings it up ;)

Oh, and it's not drama. It's purely matter of fact. But do feel free to call anything whatever you like :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I'd never heard the 'flounce' until it was mentioned here. You can call it what you like. I don't bring it up, but I'm happy enough to talk about it when someone else brings it up ;)

Oh, and it's not drama. It's purely matter of fact. But do feel free to call anything whatever you like :)

You can't go anywhere until 12th May (earlier if it's not mathematically possible to win)  

Someone mentioned thread nuking, and it summoned me from under my rock.

Locked thread due to a long back and forth that wasn't really germane to the discussion.

Make sure to be excellent going forward, my dudes*

*In California, "dudes" refers to a collective plural of all genders inside and outside of the spectrum, including non-gendered inanimate objects. See also: "y'all," "folks," and "peeps." May also be used in place of "all mankind," though not as a substitute for the wrestler Mankind, even though one could probably make the argument that he has some resemblance to the character of The Dude. Not, like, a lot, but it's  an argument that hypothetically could be made. That's more of a coincidence, though. Anyway, "dudes" applying to everyone and everything that is plural is what I'm getting at here. Cool?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6