Have we lost the ability to delete forum image attachments?

Skell Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just had a hell of a time trying to make a post on the forum. I'd initially uploaded two images to use, but ended up not needing them. However, I could find no way to remove them from the post (and I hadn't even sent the post at this time!) Previewing the post showed them still there, even though I'd deleted them from both the post itself and also the image bar at the bottom of the page.

Deleting all text from the post, refreshing the page, clicking to reply and then clicking the 'clear post' button after my post was auto-restored also left the images there. Tried deleting them from the image bar yet again, refreshed the page, clicked to reply and bang - there it all was again.

In the past, the way to get rid of those images for good was simple: go to the My Attachments page and delete the images from there. But unless I'm missing something obvious, I can find no setting to delete attachments on that page anymore.

In the end I had to delete the images from the image bar (for about the 6th time), set up a spoiler tag at the end of the post at the point right before they'd kept appearing, actually post the damn thing, then go back in and edit out the spoiler tag. That was the only way to remove the images. Talk about frustrating!

Anyone else found a way to clear the images, or are we stuck with them now?

I did wonder that, Maddy. I even changed the theme to the normal one again, in case that was causing the issue. This is what I see in My Attachments using Firefox 65.0 -

1709454791_unabletodelete.PNG.44f6195203b6aae0355bfeb83c8f994d.PNG

That's one of the images I was having trouble with. And there's no way to delete it from that page like there used to be, unless I'm missing something incredibly obvious (which is highly likely, given how tired I am right now xD)

I just checked the "My Attachments" page and I can't delete images from published posts, only those posts that are pending. For published posts that are still editable, when I edit them I can backspace over images or click the trashcan icon on the thumbnail in the "Drag files here to attach..." section of the post.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.