Region Price for non-profit organisation.

Danny Noyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same as any individual. Linden Lab eliminated the education/non-profit discounts, about a month into this most recent school year. (And after most school budgets were already cast in stone and unchangeable.)

That effectively doubled the cost of maintaining a non-profit or Education presence in Second Life, as the old discount was 50% on the monthly maintenance fees, as well as a reduced set-up fee.

Now? No discount at all. Sorry.

Mostly that is left over from when they used to give a reasonable education/npo discount. A lot of the website and knowledgebase may still imply the discounts exist, simply because thay haven't been thorough in eliminating all the old references yet. But my SL business is primarily in building for University clients, and believe me, they definitely killed all financial incentives for Education/non-profit use of SL. My biggest client has pretty much ceased development here, and they used to have 8 sims and were considering 20+ more. Now that is being done elsewhere, on a grid that they host for themselves, not provided by Linden Lab at all.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Same as any individual. Linden Lab eliminated the education/non-profit discounts, about a month into this most recent school year. (And after most school budgets were already cast in stone and unchangeable.)

After seeing how at least 2 of those were abused for ethically questionally purposes, I kind of agree with the notion of cancelling that discount.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.