animats

What's with out of sync mainland regions?

For a while, some parcels with EEP sim servers and classic viewers were stuck at a fixed time. I saw this at Vallone, which was running a Blue Steel server.

Yesterday, Vallone was restarted. It's now running RC Blue Steel 19.02.01.523. Now there's a day/night cycle, but it's out of sync with the neighboring regions. At 12:10 PST, which is also Linden time, the sun direction is <-0.48082, 0.00000, -0.87682>. Sun way below the ground. Region has a day cycle named "Vallone".

Across the street, in Kama Center, the sun direction is <0.80100, -0.16899, 0.57432>. Sun in the sky. Region has a day cycle of "Use Second Life default."

It's not the viewer; the sun direction comes from LSL, which is viewer independent.

Edited by animats

Did the Drivers of SL run today. Mainland regions way out of sync. Every 10 seconds of flight, a huge environment change. Day, night, cloudy, sun zipping across the sky.

This looks awful. Mainland needs consistent EEP settings.

I seen a notice on SL Drivers group about an hour prior to drive event. They said SL was “having problems” gridwide and event was in question.  

I had RL keeping me away, don’t know if event went or not.

Until they finally kill the goose that laid the golden egg they wont be happy at the lab

Edited by rasterscan

I guess this is way back on the priority list... IMHO fixing those lost inventories comes first. (and also my guess what was really the biggest problem for the event, you cannot drive when your ride is not available)

Edited by Fionalein

The legacy Windlight regions calculate time a little differently than the new EEP regions so they will not always sync up correctly across the region boundary. Since we scatter the RC regions around the grid you are likely to cross from a release region (still on Windlight) into a Bluesteel or LeTigra region (using EEP).  So the apparent time of day may change. As more regions are converted you will see fewer and fewer of these drastic changes in time of day. 

• Thanks 1