Small house with 3-4 rooms

marinathewitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, I've spent a while searching through marketplace and hopping from store to store in world, and it's driving me to the point of desperation. 

Can someone point me to the direction of creator(s? girl can hope) that make smallish houses with rooms? 

So far the trend I see is having one huge room on ground floor and another on the next one. My dream house should have 3 (tiny) rooms + bathroom space and fit on 1024 plot. Don't care for doors, I am just not in the mood for placing and texturing extra walls. 

Or am I wishing for too much? 

You could try looking at Onsu. They're pricey, but I personally think they deserve to be a little expensive with the quality of their homes. 

They have mainly skyboxes, but there are a few houses; and all of them have demos in their inworld store.

A lot of their options come with multiple, smaller sized rooms on top of the usual, bigger sized "living room".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marinathewitch said:

Alright, I've spent a while searching through marketplace and hopping from store to store in world, and it's driving me to the point of desperation. 

Can someone point me to the direction of creator(s? girl can hope) that make smallish houses with rooms? 

So far the trend I see is having one huge room on ground floor and another on the next one. My dream house should have 3 (tiny) rooms + bathroom space and fit on 1024 plot. Don't care for doors, I am just not in the mood for placing and texturing extra walls. 

Or am I wishing for too much? 

BellaRose has a small house I think it's called The Savannah, I have it and loved it it's a living/kitchen/dining area, bedroom and a bathroom, also a front porch. It's very cozy. 

• Like 2

Second vote for Onsu i recently got the Maple skybox from there it might not be to your taste but they also sell a really nice 1024 suitable house there too. 
Maven are also worth looking at inworld there are a few homes that will fit on a 1024 they are kitted out with really nice kitchens and bathrooms

• Like 2

Roost has some. Convair has one that I really like, the Pinewood Cottage. I have it on a 512 lot, it just fits so it would work really well on a 1024 with landscaping. Bee Designs is sure to have something, I don't own any of those houses yet but I have been to look at them a lot and they are quite nice. I am very fond of Glas Houses by Sandy Glas, particularly for the mid-century modern houses. They have rooms.

I'm really not a fan of the trend for one room houses either, it's particularly annoying when you find something really pretty.

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you, people! *O* You've revived my hopes. I'll be sure to check all those options. 

As for some houses being pricey, damn, I am willing to pay extra for those rooms and quality. Also, allowing myself to spend more on things I'll use a lot just makes sense in my head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

Scarlet Creative, Dust Bunny and Trompe Loeil make *terrific* builds, especially the latter who makes mostly small houses with rooms and the textures are just stunning.

Scarlet Creative and Trompe Loeil seem to follow the same 1 floor equals 1 room trend. At least in small houses. Love their creations and went to both stores first thing, but have not found any options for my specs. 

Have yet to look at Dust Bunny builds though, so thank you for this one! 💖 Somehow I forgot that they make houses as well! 

Edited by marinathewitch
typo
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:52 AM, marinathewitch said:

Scarlet Creative and Trompe Loeil seem to follow the same 1 floor equals 1 room trend. At least in small houses. Love their creations and went to both stores first thing, but have not found any options for my specs. 

Have yet to look at Dust Bunny builds though, so thank you for this one! 💖 Somehow I forgot that they make houses as well! 

Have you ever considered the creative use of room dividers? Book shelves work great and you never know, in the end you might end up with something super cozy and just how you want it! Half deer also has amazing curtains that'd work as dividers and there's tons more things you can use to make the place truly yours and create rooms where before there was just one!

As a matter of fact, I just inspired myself LOL been eyeing a cottage from Trompe for a while, challenge accepted!

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Have you ever considered the creative use of room dividers? 

My plan is to have separate room for a roommate or a kid, a room for communal space (kitchen, dining, living room combined) and a bathroom. 

Dividers are great, I'll probably use some in communal area, but other than that - have to be real rooms. 🤔

Will you post screenshots somewhere after you done with renevals? I'm curious too see how it'd go. 

So far my heart is leaning towards Pendle Keye house from Roost (19x19 meyers, 3!!! bedrooms and 114 Li with a snow roof).

Land impact prowed to be another major issue — for example, I like houses from Dust Bunny, they look beautiful, but ones that will fit my plot aesthetically are 280 Li or something. Which leaves me with almost nothing to furnish and decorate. And I better forget about landscaping. 

Onsu and Convair have few options that are just as good as Roost, so I am taking some time to doubt my choices. 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marinathewitch said:

My plan is to have separate room for a roommate or a kid, a room for communal space (kitchen, dining, living room combined) and a bathroom. 

Dividers are great, I'll probably use some in communal area, but other than that - have to be real rooms. 🤔

Will you post screenshots somewhere after you done with renevals? I'm curious too see how it'd go. 

So far my heart is leaning towards Pendle Keye house from Roost (19x19 meyers, 3!!! bedrooms and 114 Li with a snow roof).

Land impact prowed to be another major issue — for example, I like houses from Dust Bunny, they look beautiful, but ones that will fit my plot aesthetically are 280 Li or something. Which leaves me with almost nothing to furnish and decorate. And I better forget about landscaping. 

Onsu and Convair have few options that are just as good as Roost, so I am taking some time to doubt my choices. 😅

I see.

Not sure if Gacha's are your thing but the buildings within Dust Bunny's gacha's aren't that 'primmy'. Preview of the homes in there here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dust Bunny/104/162/1501

Although, and wait for it, I am going to sound like a freaking grandma now, back in MY day, 4096sqm parcels had 937 prims and we had sculpt homes (and before that prim homes) where 280 Li was considered super low prim. With the lower overall prices yet being given additional prims there's so much more we can do x3

I am standing next to that dust bunny tree house. I have that tree house. I have had that tree house in my inventory for a very long time. I might redo my entire 7200sqm parcel with its 2500 prims. I think the tree house would look amazing next to my boho vagabond wagon home from DRD. Just because I have a nifty sailing water parcel doesn't mean I have to go all gaga with a tropical theme all the time, right? Right?!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.