So I have been renting land for about a year from a nice lady on her sim.  My problem is, she has not been online since Dec, 12th.  I have continued to pay rent and have sent her many IMs but no reply from her.  Even when not online, she would get her IMs in her email and log in or get back to me ASAP.  I'm not sure what has happened to her.  I'm concerned about her but also I'd like to know if her tier is not being paid will the land be taken away at some point and if so will my stuff get returned or what happens?  Do they hold the items? Will LL give me a notice or not because I'm not owner?   I have no way of knowing if the tier is being paid but I'm still paying rent incase she suddenly appears. Any info would be helpful. I hope that I've made sense.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by FairuzaB

Unfortunately, LL will give you no information about her or the land/tier.  Nor would LL give you any notice if they were going to reclaim the land.  HOWEVER, if they do reclaim the region and take it offline, you can usually submit a ticket requesting that the region be brought back online long enough for you to get your stuff.  

ETA:  Above response assumed a private region.  If the owner goes into arrears for tier, if it is a private region, they will take it offline - your stuff won't be returned, hence the support ticket to get your stuff. If it is mainland, eventually (not sure how long), they will return the stuff on the land and claim the land back.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Thank you so much. It is a private region.

Do you happen to know how long it takes LL to take the land offline if someone has not paid? A month, 2 months?

Edited by FairuzaB

35 minutes ago, FairuzaB said:

Thank you so much. It is a private region.

Do you happen to know how long it takes LL to take the land offline if someone has not paid? A month, 2 months?

Not a clue, but given the amount of money for a region, I doubt they would let it go long.  

It is always possible that even if the owner hasn't been able to make it inworld, her region may still be being paid just fine. LL automatically bills the payment method on file and if that is still valid, then they'll get their money and be perfectly happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FairuzaB said:

in addition to the information as given by LittleMe, don't pay your rent to far upfront, keep it to max a week. It will limit the damage in case there's a issue with the owners payments.

• Like 2

Another point; if your landlady does stop paying tier and the land is reclaimed, your stuff will be returned but it will arrive in your Lost & Found in one giant conglomerated blob. These are a pain to sort out and there's a risk that some of it will go missing. So I would recommend that you pick up any no-copy items that you have out and keep them in your inventory for now, just in case everything gets returned to you.

So my stuff will be returned?  I thought it wouldn't be returned and I'd have to send LL a ticket. Oh well, I appreciate all the replies I moved today so no worries now.

Thank you all for the help!

3 hours ago, FairuzaB said:

So my stuff will be returned?  I thought it wouldn't be returned and I'd have to send LL a ticket. Oh well, I appreciate all the replies I moved today so no worries now.

Thank you all for the help!

it cán be returned, but as it is a sim, your landlord doesn't pay tier (as on mainland) He pays maintenance fees.
In most cases those sims are taken offline, and when that happens the renters can mostly request to bring the sim back for a certain time. LL will inform you about that as response on the ticket.

But Matty is right about non copy items when/if a return is used: sometimes those get lost in the process.

Edited by Ethan Paslong