Violaine Villota

Gachas and IP Theft / Infringement

I'm wondering if infringers now more commonly use Gachas if they are selling content they know is infringing or copied from someone else's art, have others noticed an increase with IP theft since gachas became a thing?
I only ever find out about them much later after the release, once someone decides they want to sell theirs and even then they are easy to slip by since it's always the poster with all the contents that are shrunken down in the image and harder to detect stolen content.
It seems like for me anyway, most of the copies of my work are being distributed in gachas - and disappointingly, I've found a few otherwise well respected and established stores doing it too, copying designs I've been selling here since 2007 :/
Usually it's a copy of my wings marked as a 'rare' and I imagine they make good money off of people repeatedly spending in hopes of getting the rares, profiting a good amount off of my IP even if the copy isn't being sold directly with every purchase to the gacha.

Also we are stillllll waiting for an online DMCA form, LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Violaine Villota said:

It seems like for me anyway, most of the copies of my work are being distributed in gachas - and disappointingly, I've found a few otherwise well respected and established stores doing it too, copying designs I've been selling here since 2007 :/

Sadly some fraudulent copybotters sell their rips as "fullperm" ...

The need to present "new" items each other event surely has lead several merchants astray (willfully using stuff not licensed for use in SL or buying fullperms without the neccessary care)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Sadly some fraudulent copybotters sell their rips as "fullperm" ...

The need to present "new" items each other event surely has lead several merchants astray (willfully using stuff not licensed for use in SL or buying fullperms without the neccessary care)

Yes, that's also an issue. I've searched all the usual marketplaces for 3D or mesh assets to see if my wings are in there because I had a pretty serious infringement on a big 3D site, but I never find any like what the infringers here on SL are using and if they did obtain a mesh elsewhere it hasn't been disclosed to me. Maybe there's more of them than the ones I have found or they are being sold on a platform from a different country where my search terms would not find anything.