new 1050 ti freeze my screen and i need to go out of sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1: have you also updated necessary drivers?

2: in the viewer go to help menu > About, and look for the Graphics Card Line, does it reference the 1050?

3: in the viewer please go to the Help menu > About and  click the button to copy all that information (or do it manually if it tickles you that way) and then paste the information in here

If you would like an alternate, and more direct and immediate response, and you are a Firestorm user then seek out the support group in world. You can find it via the Help menu > Join Firestorm Support. For other viewers you would need to seek their specific support group. if available. If using the SL viewer then follow steps 1 through 3

Edited by HunniHope
bad english

Firestorm 6.0.1 (56538) Dec 13 2018 22:15:07 (64bit) (Firestorm-Betax64) with OpenSimulator support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor             (3200 MHz)
Memory: 16336 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17763.253)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.21.14.1735
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 417.35

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.5
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.09
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1017 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 1000 m
Bandwidth: 950 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-1-30T15:56:37 
Built with MSVC version 1800
January 30 2019 23:40:39 SLT

I have the same card, same OS and same viewer as you and it works well enough. I can't remember offhand what driver version I am at but I know when I tried the most recent NVidia drivers I got constant Code 43 errors and had to go back to the (very early) 382.33 driver on the supplied CD-rom and then let Windows Update install a slightly more recent version, and I now have everything stable

I would recommend lowering the draw distance, there's no real need to have it larger than the diagonal of a sim, and you would be better off starting at perhaps 96 metres and increasing it once you have got stable.

I would also bring the graphics back to High (5/7) and experiment before increasing it.

I have also cut back my texture memory setting to 768MB as my machine does not have a large amount of system RAM, and I seemed to get out-of-memory crashes with too large a setting. (These sound very like what you have described, after an hour or so, or after going to several sims with loads of mesh buildings, Firestorm crashed to the desktop).

ETA 

I checked in Firestorm, and my windows graphics driver is a lot earlier than yours.

I don't intend to let GeForce update the driver as it always seems to put in the latest version and subsequently in a reboot the card is shown with a Code 43 error in the device manager. After three failed attempts I learned my lesson.

Since you can manage up to an hour's viewing I think you should try the three points I made above and see if they help you, if not, then Whirly Fizzle might be able to help further. It would be best to continue working with the later graphics drivers if at all possible.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
Fresh information

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.