part of tattoo disappears when I log out / log in to SL

Kotelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not really sure what is the source of the issue I have, so I post it here.

I have a tattoo applier for Maitreya, which covers part of my torso, arms and hands. I have recently noticed that whenever I log in to SL, only my torso and arms are covered with this tattoo but it is not present on my hands anymore, I need to reapply it. It must somehow be lost when I log out. It is the only tattoo for hands I have, so no real option to compare. Anyone has experienced anything similar?

Edited by Kotelle
spelling correction
  • Like 1

I went ahead and grabbed a tattoo for hands to see if I could create the same problem and ran into it right away..

The quick version and fix that i found for me was, under the layers section of your Maitreya hud,make sure you have gloves button turned on..Also make sure you are only using either Tattoo or underwear layers from the appliers for your hand tattoos ,as they are not tied to the clothing layer..

The glove on and off button is located  right under the tattoo layer section in the hud..

Below is from the note card that comes with your Maitreya body that goes into what layers are tied to..I highlighted the feet and hands section..

LAYERS
This mesh body can be textured with skins, tattoos and system clothes from your favorite designers, with the use of appliers. You can use Maitreya appliers or Omega appliers to texture they body. For the Omega appliers you will need an additional relay HUD.
There are 3 extra layers on the body. Having two or more of these extra layers visible, may result in alpha glitches. There is a 'mask mode' button to change the alpha mode for each of the extra layers. When toggled on, that fixes the glitches. Note that this alpha masking mode will only work well when textures have a sharp, defined alpha.
There is a 'socks' layer for the feet and a 'gloves' layer for the hands, which can also be activated with appliers. The socks and gloves layers are seamlessly connected to the tattoo and the underwear layer.

The layers can be hidden by touching the little shirt and pants icons that represent each layer on the HUD. If they are colored white, it means the layer is active. If they are colored black it means they are hidden. There is also a button added to the HUD to clean all layers.

I hope this helps. :)

Ceka ❤️

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Thanks, Ceka. I was aware of this option gloves on / off and I assumed that if I could see the tattoo on my hands whenever applied, then it worked correctly and it was on. But actually playing this button solved the problem. What I did is that after applying the tattoo, I switched gloves off, then on again, off and on. Then logged out and it and this time it works! Thanks again for the clue! Hope it won't happen again :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.